Fixed Income Research Analyst - BFSI/BPO/KPO (3-8 yrs)
- The Research process involves analysis of the Mutual Funds in terms of underlying Investment Process & Philosophy, Fund Management Team, Portfolio Construction & Positioning, Intrinsic Risk Characteristics, Scenario Dependencies, Performance and Volatility Profile.
- The individual will be a part of the Global Fund Approvals and Research team based out of Bangalore. Team covers mutual funds in a broad array of global, regional and single country fixed income asset classes like Investment Grade Bond Funds, High Yield Bond Funds, Property Funds and Money Market Funds etc.
- Work with senior leadership and local team head to take additional accountability in meeting client deliverables/ initiatives. Work in close coordination with other analysts and independently handle various team deliverables with complete ownership and accountability.
- Be accommodative and appreciative towards clients needs and exhibit the flexibility, ability and willingness to deliver under tight deadlines. Helping the team lead in mentoring the junior team members and collaborate to impart best practices to team.
The primary responsibilities include:
- To undertake detailed and rigorous research of Fixed Income mutual funds and prepare quality research reports. The research process will incorporate analysis around the following components.
- Investment Process & Philosophy
- Fund Management Team
- Portfolio Construction & Positioning
- Intrinsic Risk Characteristics
- Scenario Dependencies
Performance and Volatility Profile
- A critical component of the research process is to conduct telephonic research interviews with portfolio managers of Mutual Funds within the relevant asset class. This will involve
- The preparation of detailed agendas which are customized as per the asset class and the respective fund
- Leading and conducting these interviews
- Assimilating this information with other information sources.
- Communication skills are very important to make these interviews a two way engaging conversation
Preparation of mutual fund specific research notes
- Each Senior Analyst will be expected to complete a formal research note consistent with the prevailing quality standards and update the same as and when the need arises.
Regular Monitoring and Asset Class Knowledge
- Each Senior Analyst is expected to regularly monitor the key developments in the economy, mutual fund industry and the asset class to which he/she is aligned.
- It is critical to analyze the impact of such events on the mutual funds under coverage especially from a risk perspective
- Over time Senior Analyst is expected to develop good understanding of his/her asset class
- While each Senior Analyst will be aligned to a Fixed Income asset class, they are expected to exhibit flexibility in supporting their peers and seniors on other assets classes (like Equities and Alternatives) as and when the need arises.
- Senior Analyst must be able to develop clear opinions on mutual funds based on research that goes beyond mere performance and risk evaluation, develop an independent investment thesis based on an informed judgment, and clearly articulate all views and recommendations both in verbal and on written basis internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Demonstration of a clear understanding of the portfolio, scenario dependencies, underlying risks, expected volatility and factor profile (under different Macro Economic Environments) of the Mutual Funds concerned.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.