Core Team Member at Firuta
Views:211 Applications:32 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Firuta - Business Development Lead (3-14 yrs)
I'm Amrut, I am an engineer by training and a teacher at heart. 15 years ago I was following the well beaten track of successful professionals with stints in finance and an MBA from Duke University, USA. However I chose to pursue not the American dream but my own. I came back to India and created a chain of technology empowered schools and preschools in India from the ground up that have served 18,000 students. I have seen first hand the transformative impact that technology can have on learning and now want to scale that impact even more. To this end I have launched Firuta, a leading software development and technology consulting firm specializing in innovative solutions for the education sector.
I believe Firuta is uniquely positioned to solve the software, content and technology of diverse education organizations such as publishers, schools and universities, and ed-tech providers throughout the world, because I have been in their shoes and know just what solutions they need and what they don't.
- I am looking for a Business Development Lead to join the founders office and lead our Business Development efforts globally, with a special focus on North America and APAC regions.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to build a portfolio of clients from the ground up, with the support of a closely knit, passionate and nimble team.
- You will be reporting to me, and you will find that I give my team a lot of autonomy in achieving their goals towards the purpose that binds all of us together.
- You will get thought-partnership and strategizing experience with me and my co-founders and a seat at the table where your ideas will be heard and considered.
- But with great power comes great responsibility, so you will also be expected to do much of the grunt work that is part of the BD process such as writing cold emails, scrapping the internet for leads and setting up meetings (unless of course you can use Chat GPT to make your life easier, for that you will not be penalized).
- The limits are only what you set for yourself.
- Despite being from the education sector (or because of it), I don't believe in vanity credentialing. I will not accept or reject your profile because you are not from a certain college, or because you haven't scored enough in your board exams, or because you haven't worked in a big multinational firm.
- I will endeavor to judge you merely on your skills, your attitude, your tenacity, your openness to feedback and your willingness to learn.
What are those skills, you may ask?
- This is a consultative sales role - so you should know how to create a sales funnel for high value sales, right from finding the lead, to nurturing it, to building a sales narrative to convert the lead into business.
- You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. These are some of the skills that come to mind but if you are the right fit you will know more than me what skills are required to be successful in this role.
If this sounds exciting to you, send me a short note on why this is the right opportunity for you then hit Apply here. Bear in mind that at Firuta we value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
My Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amrut-dhumal-aa538813
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.