Recruitment Head at Firsteps Kids Wear
Views:424 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
First Steps Baby Wear - Chief Security Officer (10-20 yrs)
Chief Security Officer
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible for protecting and safeguarding all Company Employees, Clients, Customers, Suppliers, Vendors, Visitors, Contractors, their belongings, and all Company assets.
- Will also ensure that all Company properties are adequately secured at all times. Is responsible for preparing daily occurrence reports and ensure that all allegations of crime and other incidents are investigated and properly investigated; reported and recorded.
- Will manage and be accountable for formulating and implementing suitable security policies, codes of practice, strategy and operational activity for the Company and provide professional advice to ensure that strategies adopted meet all external and internal strategy services delivery requirements using available resources to the maximum and providing value for money.
- Will recruit; engage; and supervise all security services personnel at the Company. Monitor the functioning of the Security Agency and their services. Review periodically their services and provide necessary feedback; guidance and training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and review of existing security measures, updating protocols and submitting reports as required.
- Ensure proper documentation of all occurrences within the Company premises and other applicable facilities.
- Ensure that security personnel are aware of all security procedures.
- Write and submit security reports on state of security in the organization.
- Provide training for security guards including routine fitness drills.
- Maintain discipline; controls; vigilance and appropriate business behavior within the facility to protect life and property.
- Check and ensure the guards are performing their duties as expected.
- Assign duties and schedule security personnel in line with the needs of the company and efficiency standards.
- Monitor the security systems and identify risky areas.
- Respond to alarms and distress calls under emergency situations.
- Enforce discipline among security team.
- Leading the team in incident management and conflict resolution.
- Completing effective health & safety assessments, risk assessments and site evaluations.
- Supporting and developing team members in the performance of their duties, managing poor performance as required.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with the health and safety procedures of the company.
- As the Lead Professional for Security Services the Chief Security Officer is expected to be proactive in relation to identifying and solving problems so that consistent and appropriate services are available and delivered.
- The Chief Security Officer is expected to develop policies and procedures and ensure that they are communicated to and interpreted appropriately by all Security Staff and minimize the risks of security incidents; indiscipline; misconduct and any other activities of crime.
- The range of activity managed by the Chief Security Officer will include resolving complex security risk issues and operational matters as well as in interpreting new legislation and anticipating issues in relation to policy setting.
- Analyze, coordinate and lead recovery / mitigating activities in response to security-related emergency situations - coordinating activities with other relevant senior managers and estate users
- Train and coach Security Staff in managing safety; security and also being vigilant in all Company security management systems; processes and policies.
- Work with all levels of staff in the Company and anyone who witnesses or becomes the victim of crime or has a problem to discuss with security connotations.
- Work closely with the Head - Human Resources and Administration dealing with relevant area of responsibility.
- Network and develop rapport and relationship with local leaders; local representatives and ensure that they don't pose any situations of unrest; riots; violence at the Company premises.
- Liaise with local Police and representatives of the local associations / federations when dealing with any unrest situations.
- Work with concerned authorities and advisers when dealing with high value theft or any other relevant security risk.
- Responsible for ensuring that all legislative requirements in the area of responsibility are adhered to at all times in consultation with Head - Administration & Facilities.
- Responsible for the continuous assessment of Security Systems; Policies and Processes, making decisions and thereafter recommendations to the Management in order to reduce risk to the Company.
- Responsible, at the scene of serious incidents, for initial decisions as to how the issue will be dealt with, who needs to be informed and / or asked to attend.
- Responsible for all security associated decisions with the aim of speedy recovery and the resumption of normal business in situations of disasters; calamities; emergencies or any other unrest situations.
- Ensure through proper consultation, liaison and negotiation that value for money is achieved in area of responsibility.
- Participate in all investigations relating to any kind of offences committed by Employees; Security Staff; Visitors and / or any other persons with in the premises in consultation with the Head - Human Resources & Administration and / or Head - Administration & Facilities as the case may be.
- Conduct periodical fire drills; first aid training; surprise security checks etc.
- Any other task as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Requirements :
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate with considerable professional experience gained over at least 10 - 20 years operating at a senior level in the private and or public sector with a demonstrable track record of managing risk and operational security services.
- A demonstrable track record of developing and implementing practical solutions for strategic and operational change is essential along with an extensive knowledge of security risk management issues, services and systems in manufacturing industry, preferably from a Textile Industry or Armed Forces.
- Experience of managing budgets and understanding of financial management and systems is essential.
- Experience of managing a large in-house or contracted security workforce and a detailed knowledge of employment legislation and working practices is essential.
Key Requirements - Skills & Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Should have the ability to work as part of a team and to motivate the team.
- Should possess a high level of negotiating, influencing and presentational skills due to the interaction required both within and external to the Company.
- Capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises is essential.
- Exceptional managerial skills and the ability to lead a team.
- Good written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills; and ability to interact with internal and external parties.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent decision making; problem solving skills
- Exceptional skills in prevention of security situations / breaches and managing any kind of crime situations.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.