HRBP at First Abu Dhabi Bank
Views:2440 Applications:223 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:185
First Abu Dhabi Bank - Senior Legal Counsel - LLB/LLM (8-13 yrs)
JOB PURPOSE :
The role assists Head of Legal - CIB, Country CEO and Regional CEO to manage legal risk in India and in relation to the concerned business activities (CIB) in accordance with FAB Group legal policies and procedures. The role holder should be able to work autonomously, but should seek the Head of Legal and/or the Group General Counsel's input on unusual situations, complex matters, and issues which may pose significant legal, financial and/or reputational risk to FAB India and the Group.
Core Responsibilities :
Legal Advisory :
- Provides legal advice and support to the business while keeping in mind FAB's strategic and business objectives.
- Provides direction and guidance to facilitate FAB's compliance with all applicable international and domestic laws, rules and regulations under the supervision of the Head of Legal and jurisdiction of Country & Regional CEO.
- Collaborates with the Head of Legal and, Country CEO & Regional CEO to establish, disseminate and implement the FAB's Group legal policies.
- Completes legal tasks and projects in a timely manner and responds to legal queries assigned to him/her by the Head of Legal.
- Supports FAB subsidiaries and international branches by providing general legal oversight on legal risks associated with FAB Loan Markets products and services.
- Supervises and is responsible for the adequate management of litigation or disputes between the business and its customers.
- Represents FAB before the Notary Public, court experts, courts, and the police to resolve matters in the best interest of FAB.
- Reports relevant litigation matters to the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal - CIB and provides updates to the relevant stakeholders.
Legal Documentation and Review :
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates contracts and other legal documents in order to maximise the FAB Group's legal protections whilst simultaneously minimising risks.
- Produces and regularly updates standardised legal agreements, contracts and standard terms and conditions for FAB in compliance with international best practices and applicable legal requirements.
- Works closely the business in launching new products and conducts legal and regulatory due diligence on such products, including identifying risks and mitigants in all applicable geographies.
- Works closely with the Head of Legal - CIB in reviewing the standard terms and conditions used by the business and updates or recommends legal policies and processes in line with best international practices.
Knowledge of External Environment :
- Stays abreast of new laws and regulations through continuous legal education, attending professional conferences, and participating in professional associations.
- Provides updates to the FAB Group senior business persons on new legislation and regulatory developments that may have an impact on the FAB Group and advises FAB on how to comply with such new legislation and regulations.
- Stays current on emerging trends in the laws.
Knowledge Sharing :
- Works closely and develops a positive professional relationship with the other members of the legal function and shares legal knowledge and best practices with legal colleagues, including providing formal and informal training sessions at the direction of the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal - CIB
Stakeholder Management :
- Liaises with the concerned external authorities such as courts and law firms to ensure effective resolution of all legal matters affecting FAB.
Learning and Development :
- Functions as a subject matter expert and provides input on learning and development initiatives including training content to ensure value addition and relevance.
MIS and Reports :
- Ensures that all reports related to own area are prepared in a timely and accurately manner, and meet the FAB India and Group's requirements, policies, and standards.
People Management Responsibilities - This role is not currently a people manager - but if such changes present themselves:
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for own reports and ensures effective implementation of the FAB performance management process.
Develops talent within the team by providing guidance
Minimum Qualification :
- Bachelor's degree in law
- Master's degree in law is preferred
- Well versed with the Indian market
Minimum Experience :
Minimum of 8 years- experience in a reputed bank or law firm, with at least 2 years in a similar role