Finxera - Engineering Director (15-25 yrs)
- Director of Engineering at Finxera is expected to lead a team of software developers and testers to design, build, enhance and maintain the company's products. In addition to designing software, web applications, and web services, they are also responsible for hiring, training, and managing staff, and make progress reports to senior management. They may work with various department heads to determine software requirements, meet with management to discuss how software applications can achieve business objectives, or train technical and non-technical end-users once the software has been developed.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to -
- Ensure high quality and timely delivery of products.
- Prepare and/or review high level and detailed design documents for sprint deliverables.
- Prepare and/or review the test strategy documents and work with QA to ensure full understanding of the deliverables. Review test cases to ensure high level of code coverage and quality of delivery.
- Work with the architecture team on the overall product architecture.
- Perform thorough code reviews and unit tests to ensure a clean handover from development to QA.
- Manage and enhance branching and merge strategies to ensure clean management of code and test case automation. Ensure we have a scalable and efficient CI process.
- Review and plan for performance and security testing of the product to ensure a scalable product.
- Build and maintain the test automation framework. Work with the automation team to ensure automation of all testing within a sprint and to maintain code coverage of 75% or above.
- Work with the deployment and cloud services teams to ensure a scalable deployment process and secure product and infrastructure.
- Work with technical support and operation teams to ensure timely resolution of all production issues.
- Build high performing teams
- Participate in the hiring process through interviews and referrals to build a high performing team.
- Perform periodic and annual reviews for the team members and help groom them through constructive feedback and guidance.
- Maintain a positive attitude at work to ensure a high morale in the team.
- Be a domain, product and process champion
- Review and enhance the overall sprint process while working with the Delivery Manager.
- Create and maintain sprint plans and follow up with the development and QA team to ensure timely delivery with high quality. Own the end to end delivery of the product.
- Work with Product Managers to review and plan specifications for the future sprints. Be a SME of the domain and the product.
- Work with the Product communications team to ensure proper translation of the functionality into product release notes, admin and user guides etc. Help with product training and communication to stakeholders as and when needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Should have scored 70% & above in 10th and 12th grade.
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins, CI/CD, Cloud deployment and database concepts.
- Go to leader with a strong work ethic who is able to translate complex technical concepts into easy to understand language for various product teams.
- Drive the strategic direction of our technology, product & offerings considering emerging and legacy technologies.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, you must have the ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and dedicated to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to management, internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for technology.
- Excellent in Reporting and business presentation at Daily/Weekly/Fortnightly to Management team
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success