Partner at Antal International Networks
Views:1829 Applications:317 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:313
Financial Controller - Logistics/Retail Business (6-12 yrs)
The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, including business finance, corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures along with financial risk management.
1. Risk Mitigation/ Audit/ COD Recovery
- Weekly and monthly review of Accounts receivables with a view to placing an embargo on delinquent accounts, reviewing status with each branch head and taking remedial action.
- Review of all Vendor contracts to maximize liquidity, challenge costs by getting competing quotes & discussing alternatives with functional leads.
- Ensure Compliance to financial policy manual; continuously strive to improve internal controls.
- Surprise audit across vendors to ensure compliance to vendor agreement
2. Revenue Recognition
- To ensure accurate revenue recognition as per GAAP and timely closure of books as monthly closing calendar.
- To set processes for control and ensure adherence to them in all revenue/billing related transactions.
- Review and releasing revenue reports
3. Treasury and cashflow management
- To interact with shareholders, bankers, current and potential investors.
- To manage the cash flow of the business.
4. Business modelling
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments
- Provide the business unit with sound financial analysis and guidance in order to grow their business profitably.
5. Financial accounting
- Ensuring all Tax compliances towards GST and Service Tax in past - Monthly payments, co-ordinate for filing returns etc
- Preparation of weekly and monthly financial statements and business reports for internal stake-holders and investors
- Review of Actual versus plan and preparing a cause of change analysis
- Interaction with Internal, Statutory and ICFR Auditors and achieve a successful closure.
- Oversight on all accounting reconciliation Like Balance sheet, Debtors, and Creditors
- Manage monthly provisions by interacting with all departments.
6. Financial Planning
- Review of progress against annual operating plans with a detailed cause of change analysis
- Prepare monthly forward-looking forecasts by speaking to sales and other operational teams
- Keep a check on revenue and push the costs control agenda where revenue targets are under stress
- Reporting of estimates to corporate planning team for consolidation.
Desired Profile :
- 6-12 years of experience.
- CA qualified is a must
- Prior experience in Big 4 is preferred.
Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment is a plus point