Consultant at BNC Global
Views:973 Applications:272 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Financial Controller - Logistics Industry - CA (10-13 yrs)
Financial Controller with Logistics Industry
- Oversee accounting operations of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Create an organizational structure within the accounting department to facilitate the achievement of the department's short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department.
- Experience in multiple accounting programs.
- Supervise transaction-processing operations.
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions.
- Maintain an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents.
- Collaborate with external auditors as needed.
- Coordinate with colleagues to prepare the company's annual report.
- Produce the annual budget and predict budget forecasts.
- Maintain a comprehensive system of accounting records.
- Maintain an adequate system of budgets and controls created to mitigate risk.
- Generate financial reports periodically.
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization's financial results and reports.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Publish complete and timely financial statements to company executives, shareholders, and the board.
- Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Recommend benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals.
- Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Schedule payments for accounts payable promptly.
- Schedule timely payments for debt repayment.
- Find and implement reasonable discounts for accounts payable as appropriate.
- Ensure prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Complete periodic bank reconciliations.
- Maintain a system of controls over all transactions.
- Schedule payroll for all employees.
- Schedule commission payments for sales representatives.
- CA with 10+ years of experience and working knowledge of US Accounting and US GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of accountancy.
- Superb mathematical skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Sufficient interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Previous experience in the Logistics industry is a plus