Financial Controller - Investor Relations & Fundraising - EdTech - CA (5-10 yrs)
Investor Relations and Fundraising (CA Required): EdTech
Financial Controller - EdTech
What we're looking for:
- The Board and Management of the org considers finance & compliance as a very important function.
- The finance controller will lead all matters relating to finance, compliance and corporate governance and he/she will act as a key interface with all the relevant stakeholders.
Management, board and investor reporting and engagement:
1. Act as a central point and facilitator for all financial reporting. Help develop detailed dashboard and KPIs and ensure robust systems to track and monitor impact, financial and operating information.
Financial Controller 1:
2. Prepare necessary materials and information for the Board. Ensure robust governance norms are in place.
3. Ensure timely and comprehensive financial reporting to all the funders, as outlined in contracts with funding agencies. Prepare statements and necessary reports for the investors. Co-ordinate with and respond in a time bound manner to the information requested by investors.
Financial Planning and Accounting & Reporting:
1. Manage cash flows and treasury function. Manage banking relationships.
2. Develop profit center wise budgets. Prepare and maintain regular financial reports; monthly expense forecast by segment (vs. projections); rolling 3-month cash out-flow forecast.
a. Maintenance of books of accounts through Tally/Quickbooks and related activities.
b. Incorporate profit center wise reporting and analysis in the accounting system to separately track performance of each activity against budget/projections.
c. Conduct all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, fixed asset verification and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
d. Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
e. Manage payroll and employee reimbursements.
f. Assist in computing taxes and preparing tax returns (TDS, GST, Professional Tax, etc.)
3. Review and streamline the financial, reporting and compliance functions.
4. Develop and document robust accounting policies and procedures. Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures, at all times.
5. Serve as a key point of contact for internal and external auditors; manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
1. Participate in HR Administration in areas such as PF, offer letters, increments, appraisals, insurance policies etc.
2. Manage the company's assets, leases and insurance coverage.
3. Review all agreements and MoUs and apprise the management about any financial liability, prior to commitments made and signatures by authorized signatories.
4. Oversee Admin, vendor and office management to manage various facets of business - travel, corporate gifting, printing & stationery, etc.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- The candidate is expected to have 5+ years of experience that is relevant to the above role
- Experience in startup is preferred
- Good understanding of, interest in and aptitude for financial accounting, business and financial analysis, GST, Income Tax, Companies' Act etc.
- Attention to details, strong analytical skills, business awareness and problem solving skills are necessary
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work with tight timelines
Remuneration: Best as per Industry Standards