Director at Breakthrough Careers
Views:4216 Applications:463 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
Financial Controller - FMCG - CA (4-8 yrs)
You will ensure accurate reporting and analysis of company's financial transactions.
You will also be responsible for effectively managing the company's financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and maximising profits.
- Liaises with the Group CFO to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group.
- Develops the Groups annual plans, budgets, forecasts and financial performance metrics to guide business operations and strategy execution.
- Establishes company-wide standards for system, data and processes. Develops, updates and guides the implementation of finance SOPs across the group.
- Designs and guides the implementation of a sound accounting framework and compliance with tax and other statutory provisions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of sound financial controls across the groups operations.
- Coordinates the proper capturing of financial transactions and consolidation of the companys accounts from all business units and functions.
- Prepares accurate, comprehensive and timely financial and management information including tax, cash flow, management accounts and other statutory accounts.
- Coordinates the preparation of the company's financial reports.
- Manages the statutory reporting process, including setting timetables and providing guidelines to operational finance teams across the Group. This includes supporting the year end Group accounts and annual review process.
- Works with finance teams to ensure intra-group balances are regularly reconciled and variances fully investigated and resolved.
CA is a must, should have at least 4 years exp. Exp in Africa will be an added advantage.