Founder/Managing Partner at People Hire Consulting
Views:4017 Applications:292 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Finance Strategist - IT/Managed Services (9-15 yrs)
About client :
- Client is a fully managed platform that allows retailers to offer Clothing as a Service (CaaS) to their consumers. By providing technology, reverse logistics and managed services to help retailers participate in the new economy, CaaS is a proven access model with transformative benefits for retailers and consumers.
- By retailers offering a CaaS model, consumers will have the opportunity to experiment more deeply with brands - not only by owning garments, but by accessing a rotating collection each month. This allows retailers to build a more profitable and valuable business, grow top line with new customers, increase total brand spend from existing customers, as well as gain invaluable data and product insights.
- Established less than two years ago, Client is already ranked as one of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019. We have brand-partners such as: LOFT, Ann Taylor, NY&Co, Express, Vince, Rebecca Taylor,
- American Eagle, as well our founding partner, Gwynnie Bee and it's younger sister, Haverdash. With a promising roadmap including several new brand partnerships, in-store technology offerings, full e-commerce ownership and international expansion, we are well-positioned to continue rapid growth and success.
Job Description :
As a Finance Strategist your role will be to act as a strategic business partner to the business, to facilitate lean implementation as well as Finance transformations. This role is based out of New Delhi, reports directly into Global Head of Finance & requires working closely with Global C-suite.
As a Finance Strategist, you will :
1. Act as Strategy Consultant to business (and functional partners) and integrate Finance into the decision making process and develop and/or challenge strategic business decisions
2. Facilitate strategic management reporting with data analysis including insightful commentary on variances, trends and metrics. Be the advocate with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
3. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
4. Catalyse, in conjunction with FP & A function :
a) Creation of intelligent & dynamic forecasting, planning & budgeting processes which ingests changing business and market trends
b) Identification, building, monitoring & reporting of performance metrics and key business goals that drive business value
c) Measuring and monitoring of metrics for new business initiatives
5. Catalyse, in conjunction with Controller the implementation of lean across all functional areas of the accounting/finance department, including transactional processing, budgeting, financial reporting, and control and decision support activities etc.
The role includes limited overlap with US time zones
You are someone with :
1. Passion for numbers especially with a flair to appreciate unit economics
2. Strong process orientation
3. Strong appreciation of financial metrics
4. Ability to think strategically
Qualification : MBA from premiere institute and has worked in Strategy & Finance with exposure to C-suite
1. 9+ years
2. Proven expertise in managing, evaluating & analysing data quickly and creating meaningful business reports
3. Consulting or Entrepreneurial background is preferred
4. Prior experience in driving lean finance implementation is preferred
Other Skills :
1. Outstanding communication, analytical and presentation skills
2. Strong customer focus - both Internal / External
3. A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
4. Detail-oriented, well-organized & ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment