Senior Recruiter at Ara Resources
Views:1990 Applications:111 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:108
Finance Role - General Ledger Accounting - Manufacturing - CA (2-3 yrs)
- Collaborate closely with Corporate accounting teams and work across different functions and stakeholders to see through the monthly accounting close, ensuring all critical accounting matters are appropriately identified and dealt with.
- Further, improve the month-end close process and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting, with a focus on India and eventually also the other Asia Pacific Regional offices. These include analysis of accounts and preparation/review and investigation of monthly accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare/review monthly financial statements and monthly/quarterly corporate reporting in a timely and accurate manner for corporate & local statutory reporting, consistent with IFRS, and Globalfoundries accounting policies and India GAAP (where applicable).
- Coordinate and manage the annual statutory audits, dealing with the Auditors and ensure timely completion of the annual audit process.
- Support internal audits to ensure record-keeping and sound corporate governance is maintained, in accordance with the requirements of auditors and government agencies/Regulatory bodies
- Responsible for timely delivery of regulatory reporting (ie. SOFTEX filings, certifications, various tax filing etc) and statistical surveys.
- On an ad-hoc basis, support technical accounting projects
Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Related
- Field, Chartered Accountant credential is preferred
- Possess strong accounting and bookkeeping fundamentals and familiarity with IFRS
- Minimal 3-5 years of Post-Graduation experience in audit and financial accounting - i.e. GL close responsibilities
- Understanding of good Corporate Governance and internal controls, and knowledge of accounting best practices. SOX working knowledge is a plus.
- Preferably had worked in an MNC environment and ability to work across borders and different cultures
- Work experience with ERP such as Oracle R12, and understanding the accounting flows within the ERP
- Audit experience and/or experience managing audit process (preferred)Team player, good communication skills with spoken English in internationally understandable accent, personable, and has problem-solving skills