Manager - Recruitment at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:231 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Finance Officer/Head - Public Policy Think Tank (5-10 yrs)
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Finance Officer (Head of Finance), Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Established in 1973, the Centre for Policy Research (CPR) is one of India's leading public-policy think tanks. It is an independent, non-profit, institution, dedicated to conducting research that contributes to more robust public discourse about the structures and processes that shape life in India.
CPR brings together India's best thinkers and practitioners at the forefront of research and engagement in the policy space, drawing from various disciplines and professional backgrounds. The Centre conducts advanced and in-depth research on a wide range of policy-relevant issues, with a focus on India's 21st-century challenges. CPR works closely with policymakers, through its research and policymaking engagements, with the objective of placing India firmly on the path of building a 21st-century policy ecosystem.
CPR's partners and donors include reputed international and national organizations, ranging from government institutions, non-profits, educational institutions and civil society groups.
For more information about the organization, please visit https://www.cprindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Head Operations, the Finance Officer (Head of Finance) (FOHF) shall be responsible for all budgeting, forecasting, accounting, and book-keeping activities of the Centre. Specifically, s/he will oversee all accounting activities relating to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, statutory compliances, investments, payroll processing and governance matters.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Overall responsibility for accounts, including supervision of the day-to-day financial transactions of the organization;
(2) Manage the smooth functioning of staff in the Accounts Department, delegating duties and activities, as necessary, to facilitate the same;
(3) Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and liaise regularly with bankers;
(4) Regularly prepare Cash Flow and Funds Flow Statements;
(5) Ensure the timely payment of taxes and filing of statutory returns, with concerned authorities, under the Income Tax Act, FCRA, GST Act, etc.;
(6) Prepare CPR budgets and revisions thereto, for approval by the Board;
(7) Prepare quarterly provisional Income and Expenditure Accounts of the Centre for tabling at EC/ Board meetings;
(8) Prepare annual statement of accounts of the organization, FCRA accounts and the organization's Employees Provident Fund Accounts;
(9) Ensure timely audit of accounts, and statements by CAG/ auditors, as requested by funders;
(10) Assist Senior Faculty and Head Operations with the preparation of budgets for new research proposals;
(11) Monitor the utilization of funds by various, funded, research projects and report thereon to concerned Project Directors/ Head Operations;
(12) Any other responsibility, function, and work, that may arise during the course of duties as FOHF, as desired and instructed by the President/ Head Operations.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications and Experience:
(1) Applicant must be M.Com./ B.Com., or equivalent, with at least five years of relevant work experience;
(2) Candidates possessing CA/CPA, or equivalent professional accounting qualification, shall be at an advantage;
(3) Proven experience in leading the finance function;
(4) In-depth knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices;
(5) Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting;
(6) Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Financial Management software (viz. SAP, etc.)
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Ability to work independently;
(2) Well-organized and detail oriented;
(3) Possess an analytical mind with strategic ability;
(4) Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
(5) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: FOHF-CPR
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.