Consultant at Michael Page
Views:1025 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Finance Head/Finance Controller - Healthcare/Building Material - CA (10-17 yrs)
About the Role:
The Accounting & Controls Manager is responsible for:
- the financial and accounting processes in order to provide timely and accurate reporting in accordance with local regulations (legal entity reporting), US GAAP requirements, Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining a robust control environment.
- Delivering strategic and business decision support to the entire business; and effective talent management of the Accounting & Controls team.
Your Responsibilities will include:
1) General Accounting: Oversees financial and accounting processes, in partnership with GBS where appropriate, to ensure compliance with Corporate and local policies, statutory
requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles/Standards and ethical standards with unyielding integrity; Serves as the primary contact with independent auditors and audit related accounting matters; Manages administration of accounts receivable, accounts payable,inventory control accounting, payroll accounting, and local tax payments; Oversees month end close process to ensure timely close, accounts reconciliation and financial reports preparation.
- Payment and calculation of all local taxes; Maintains all substantiation records for tax; Assesses and makes provision for tax payable; Liaises with Corporate Tax on transfer pricing issues; Liaises with external tax advisors to ensure timely closure of tax assessments and takes a complete control on various tax positions in direct, In-direct taxes, Reserve bank regulations.
- Proactively engages with Global Tax to develop and implement strategies to mitigate risk.
- Oversees operational cash management including assessing and implementing banking needs of the business; cash flow forecasting; Handles bank administration, funds transfers and foreign exchange dealings under the direction of Corporate Treasury.
4) Balance Sheet & Assets Management:
- Works with business/commercial leaders to achieve effective balance sheet and assets management; Develops and maintains credit and collection policies, procedures and processes for effective AR management; Accounts for and maintains proper inventory reserves for Excess, Expired and Obsolete Inventory
- Directs and co-ordinates effective cash management and cash forecasting to ensure smooth cash flows for business operations while maintaining a minimum idle cash balance; Maintains asset register to well keep track on and safeguard company assets.
5) Working Capital Management: Partners with the Operations team to develop strategies to improve working capital performance (DSO- s, DIOH and Capex Management). Ensures adherence to RBI regulations in terms of Inter-company payables and for export of products for repairs.
6) Controls: Assess Enterprise Risks in the general control environment, develop and implement mitigation strategies. This will include being the key lead on process transformation projects, streamlining processes, changing policy, documentation, behaviors by engaging key stakeholders. Develops and implements accounting policies, procedures and internal controls in support with business processes and decisions; Ensures all activities comply with company policies (SOPs, Global Internal Audit & monthly Closing), relevant Acts, legal frameworks (Statutory Closing).
7) Anticipates financial needs of business partners; proactively develops financial solutions to those requirements. Identify key financial issues; report, interpret and translate them into terms meaningful to business partners and functional managers.
8) VIP: Significant contributor to operational performance improvement through identification and implementation of major VIPs, cost optimization initiatives, effective vendor management. Close coordination with Regional Finance and GBS for various deliverables on execution of Company's strategic imperatives.
9) Lead a high performing team in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
10) Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all requirements.
What we're looking for in you:
- Chartered Accountant with 10 -15 years of Accounting, compliance and taxation experience preferably in product based organisations.
- Demonstrated career progression and the drive and commitment to continue excelling in your career.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills. Prior experience of FP&A is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of financial policies, processes and controls.
- Solid know how of accounting standards.
- Leadership Quality with prior experience of handling team and multiple stakeholders.
- Ownership and accountability to drive execution with result orientation
- Excellent Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with proficiency in English.
- A positive attitude, innovative and creative thinker.
- Experience in working with global teams and working in a cross-functional environment.
- SAP knowledge.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.