CEO at KayZen Group
Views:25264 Applications:944 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:128
Finance Head/Chief Financial Officer - IT Services Firm (15-25 yrs)
We are currently assisting a listed software services organization for a Head of Finance & Accounts / Chief Financial Officer to be based out of Chennai. This is a Global Role based out of Chennai and offers the incumbent a great deal of visibility & opportunity within the global construct to showcase their capability.
Experience/Education : Qualified CA/ICWA/MBA with 15 - 25 years of relevant work experience in IT/ITeS industry (5-7 year in a listed company is a must)
- The client is looking for a CFO to join a globally aligned leadership team. The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in working in a Globally distributed business environment, involved in managing the affairs of a company listed in the stock exchange and well networked with audit firms, private equity investors globally & Investment Bankers etc.
Job Description :
- The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are :
Corporate Planning & Systems :
- Involved in corporate planning during organizational restructuring at all levels
- Involved in formulation of systems, policies, procedures, commensurate with the need of the company
- Involved in Financial projections of collaborations / joint ventures envisaged
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting
- Preparation and submission of applications to Financial Institutions for financial assistance in form of Term Loans, Short Term Deposits and timely follow up for necessary sanctions, documentations and disbursements
- Procurement of Foreign Exchange Loans under different lines of credit and arranging guarantees from Financial Institutions for foreign currency loans in favor of foreign lenders
- Surplus Fund Management in terms of placement of inter-corporate deposits to Corporate
Banking and Working Capital :
- Preparation and appraisal of working capital proposal
- Fixing up arrangements of working capital
- Bill Discounting and L/C backed Bill discounting at competitive interest rates
- Arranging Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantee
- Arranging Suppliers' Credit and Buyers' Credit
- Placement of commercial papers
- Liaisoning with Senior Officials of Banks, Financial Institutions, Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, etc.
Accounts & Audit :
- Finalization of accounts, divisional & branch accounting
- Attending statutory auditors, internal auditors
- Stores/ Materials accounting
- Tax audit details preparation
- Computerized accounting
- Debtors' management and credit control
- Accounting Standards and their implementation
- Insurance Portfolio
- Oversee Personal taxation - employees
- Oversee Filing of returns and attending tax authorities for assessments and appeals
MIS, Budgeting & Costing :
- Costing - product and process
- Budget preparation and Budgetary controls
Skill / Qualification & Experience :
- Prior Experience of working with a Listed company in IT industry is a MUST HAVE
- Qualified CA/ICWA/MBA with 15 - 20 years of total work experience in service industry
- 7 - 9 years in the position of Financial Controller in a mid sized / large Company IT Services organization into Finance & Accounting function
- Candidate must be fully conversant with Fund Raising and Fund Management
- Candidate must be fully conversant with Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting
- Candidate must be very well versed in dealing with Banks and Financial Institutions
- Candidate must be experienced with arranging Project Finance. Knowledge of innovative Financing Structures and Funding Mechanisms will serve as an added advantage for the applicant
- Candidate should be smart and articulate with good communication and presentation skill.
- Should be flexible in travel.