Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:298 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Finance Controller - Venture Capital Firm - CA/ICWA/IBS/FMS/ICFAI (2-4 yrs)
Position: Finance Controller - Venture Capital Firm
Location: Worli - Mumbai
The key responsibilities include performing the following activities for the investment manager and other group entities
- Managing the financial operations and reporting, including preparing financial statements, finalization of annual accounts and overseeing accounting and tax compliance.
- Managing the financial planning and analysis, including developing and monitoring budget and forecasting models, monthly variance analysis.
- Develop Internal Control system to avoid the risk of error & fraud.
- Manage relationships with Banks, Financial Institutions, Tax Consultants and Company Secretarial firms.
- Working with external auditors to complete annual audits and tax returns.
- Overseeing the cash management and treasury functions, including managing bank accounts and forecasting cash needs.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and governmental regulations.
- Collaborating with other team members to improve financial processes and systems.
- Providing financial guidance and support to the fund and various investment entities as needed. These include preparation of management accounts / provisional financials, performing various. compliance and regulatory reporting activities of the fund and investment entities etc.
Work experience and skill set:
(i) 2 years of experience in a similar role, such as a Controller or Financial Manager, with experience in the venture capital industry being an advantage
(ii) Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles, including Indian GAAP. Knowledge of IFRS will be advantage.
(iii) Strong computer skills, including proficiency in financial software like Tally and other relevant reporting tools.
(iv) Knowledge of tax regulations and compliance specific to India.
(v) Experience managing financial operations and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, and financial planning and analysis.
A professional accounting or finance designation (e.g., CA)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.