Finance Controller - Textile Manufacturing Firm (15-20 yrs)
The Indian textile industry is experiencing an upswing with increased demand from all over the world. Technological innovation is the core reason behind significant advancements in this sector.
Our client is one of the oldest technical textile manufacturers in India. They produce a diverse range of products leveraging state of the art technology and innovation. The company is known for producing specialized products such as cordura, geo-synthetics and parasail fabrics of topnotch quality.
The cater to armed forces - DRDO is one of their prominent clients. Besides, US and EU markets are their biggest customers purchasing material for parachutes, automotive and industrial applications. Through years of operations, the company has set up joint ventures and entered into long term agreements with many reputed companies in India and abroad.
As a Finance Controller, you will be leading and overseeing the Accounts, Finance, Treasury, Banking, and Investor Relationships functions within the organization. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the financial health of the company's manufacturing operations while driving strategic financial planning and fostering relationships with key stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Streamlining financial leadership for the manufacturing division to drive growth and efficiency:
- Offering strategic financial guidance, aligning with business objectives
- Crafting and executing manufacturing-specific financial plans, budgets, and forecasts
- Monitoring financial performance, identifying cost-saving opportunities
- Ensuring accurate accounting, policy adherence, and regulatory compliance
- Optimizing manufacturing operations through financial expertise:
- Collaborating with manufacturing teams to devise cost control strategies
- Managing manufacturing cash flow, working capital, and treasury functions
- Establishing and maintaining banking relationships for funding
- Communicating financial performance and growth strategies to investors
Enhancing financial reporting and analysis:
- Collaborating with Investor Relations for manufacturing-specific reports
- Providing comprehensive financial insights for decision-making
- Developing and monitoring manufacturing KPIs
Driving operational excellence and team development:
- Implementing cost control initiatives in line with strategic goals
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency and process improvement
- Leading tech-driven improvements in accounting and finance processes
- Building and nurturing a skilled finance team, fostering growth and mentorship
What you need to have:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) designation with 20+ years of progressive experience in finance and accounting roles, including significant experience in a leadership capacity
- Professional certification such as CPA, CMA, or CFA is an advantage
- Experience in finance and accounting roles within the manufacturing sector, including significant leadership experience is a must
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations, cost control, and supply chain management
- Experience in managing investor relations and presenting manufacturing-specific financial information to stakeholders
- Proficiency in financial analysis, modelling, and scenario planning
- Technologically adept with the ability to integrate financial technology solutions into manufacturing operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across functions and levels
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership, and team management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.