Assistant Manager - Talent Acquistion at Olam International
Views:4528 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Finance Controller - Plantations Business (15-20 yrs)
Job Title : Finance Manager - Qualified CA
Functional Area : Finance & Accounts
Location : Kasama, Zambia
Overview of the position
- The Finance manager Primary responsibility include overseeing day to day operation of the finance & accounts function.
- To lead the local F&A team and ensuring efficient execution of F&A activities. Liaise closely with local business, operations and managing stakeholders.
Key Accountability Areas :
- Accounting & Month End Reporting
- Manage day to day accounting To enable smooth running of all financial aspects of the company and implement appropriate controls over incoming and outgoing transactions
- Manage month end closing and reporting process To provide information in a timely, complete and accurate manner
- Review and analysis of the financial statements (P/L, B/S, C/F)
- Internal Control Responsible for ensuring Financial and Management accounting takes place strictly in accordance with accounting policy framework of Olam.
- Implement internal controls over financial reporting - Maintain integrity of data/numbers at all times.
- Exercising controls over all BS positions especially Fixed Assets, Inventory control, Accounts Payables and Cash/bank balances.
Budgeting/ Forecasting :
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual budgets and business plans
- Monthly forecasting reports (BRM)
- Monthly variance reporting (Operation review)
- Weekly Business value /weekly variance reporting
Internal & Statutory Audits :
- Manage local Statutory audit program
- Oversee information and processes
- Prepare reports and schedules to assist external auditors with tax fillings and annual financial statement certifications
- Support quarterly and annual group reporting MIS and audits, as may be applicable
- Prepare & deliver information and reports as may be sought by Internal Auditors from time to time
Treasury and Forex :
- Manage banking limit
- Manage cash position
- Close liaison with Business head on forex cover requirements
- Forex position and loan tracking with limits.
Income Tax Compliance :
- To ensure the compliance of the company with appropriate regulations, legislation and accounting standards to ensure the ongoing smooth running of the company
- To ensure the compliance of local transfer pricing policies
Resource Management :
- Provide leadership to the local F&A team
- Ensuring motivation and engagement of local F&A team
- Oversee training, hiring, development of staff, as required
Person Characteristics :
The incumbent should have strong numerical & analytical skills with ability to move fast and get things done. He should have the stature and the maturity that commands the respect of his peers.
To be successful you should :
- Have a knack of commercial orientation with the ability to run operations independently.
- Good command over spoken & written English, SAP experience preferred. Have an ownership mindset! and desire to run the Show Independently.
- Good people management, communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with and influence a matrix of internal and external customers at varied levels.
- 15 to 20 years experience in F&A functions of corporate, preferably multi-national companies.