HR at Matrix Management Services
Views:1817 Applications:619 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Finance Controller - Media - CA/CPA (8-15 yrs)
The Finance Controller is a critical role demonstrating leadership, strategic direction, accountability, business acumen and vision for the businesses. This role effectively leverages experience, knowledge, and skills to drive innovative thinking and set challenging team goals and objectives by balancing company, and team needs. Must ensure that tools and systems are effectively applied to planning and various activities, with the goal of optimizing deliverables and providing solid rationale to recommendations. This position will have day-to-day relationships with Global Finance leaders and India Group Finance Leaders and serve as the key Kinesso contact.
CORE GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all financial reporting and management reporting functions, ensuring compliance with Global - US and local regulations.
- Reviewing financial and management reporting processes to enhance operational efficiency and ensure compliance with corporate governance
- Partnering the Chief Financial Officer and working with business team leader on revenue projections, analyse staffing requirement and provide financial advice/ support
- Preparing annual budget, quarterly re-forecast of annual budget and variance analysis for local, regional and global management review
- Coordinate, analyse and report financial performance to the CFO on a monthly basis
- Reviewing cost-revenue analysis, participate in brain-storm new business opportunities (including organic growth), renewal of client contracts, business strategy and directive, staffing requirement, financial achievement, maintaining operation margin
- Manage client/finance relationships, ie: draft client agreements and liase with legal counsels on terms of agreement, preparation of fee proposal and staffing plan to support client fee agreement
- Review debtors and creditors aging, conduct credit check and set credit limit for new client, annual review of credit limit for existing client, liaising with external legal counsel on legal actions for bad debts recoveries and deciding on final legal actions for bad debt recoveries
- Oversee the audit and tax functions, liaising with internal and external auditors, tax agent, IRAS and any other government bodies, including reviewing and approving corporate tax, GST and withholding tax filings
- Review working capital requirements and cash flow projections. Manage the banking relationship and contract for overdraft facility, transactional charges, banker guarantee, etc.
- Oversee all administration functions such as procurement, asset management, security, business continuity plan, facilities management and development, and IT
- Oversee globally and regionally initiated projects (ie automated client profitability system, PO and invoicing system, etc)
- Driving high standards of performance and best practices across all areas of operations
WORK EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- CA/CPA, Accounting degree, ACCA
- Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office
- At least 5 years experience in senior management
- Must be from the media industry
- Able to multi-task
- Result oriented.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Organized, analytical, persuasive, inspirational, well-developed interpersonal skills.