Finance Controller - Electronic Instruments Sector (15-20 yrs)
Main Purpose :
- The Controller will have ultimate responsibility for administering client India's accounting activities to meet the Corporations objectives for accurately and comprehensively reporting its operating performance and the business units which it supports including most importantly, compliance with Indian law and client policies and procedures, and the DLA of client India.
- As such, he/she will also be responsible for implementing new processes, systems and controls to enhance the control environment, and recruitment of financial resource where required. In addition, he/ she will have ultimate responsibility for all Corporate, Tax, Legal and Treasury matters and co-ordination with external auditors and Corporate functions.
- Commercially focused, The Controller will also work closely with the India Country Manager, peers and subordinates to provide strategic and tactical guidance and commercial support to client businesses operating in, or wishing to operate in India in the areas of sales, service, R&D /engineering, manufacturing and finance/ commercial/ IT/ back office process offshoring.
- He/she will be responsible for assessing and communicating financial and business data to senior Division and Corporate management and play an integral role in developing client long-term business strategy for India.
Key Tasks :
Provide overall financial leadership to the India Country Manager.
- Maintaining effective internal control of all Client operations to ensure continued control and protection of its assets, accurate reporting of its financial position and compliance with SOX.
- Promote Client values, create an environment that supports & enhances compliance, performance, engagement & adaptability.
- Ensuring Client financial reporting requirements are met through the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting of actual and forecast results and insightful financial analysis of business performance.
- Effectively lead, mentor, develop and coach finance and commercial team.
- Drive improvements and efficiencies in the commercial back office processes to support business growth.
- Providing Indian management with monthly and annual reviews of the organizations financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Arranging for audits of company accounts and interfacing with internal and external audit staff and manage tax and treasury matters
- Preparation of budgets, review of budget proposals, and preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Support the India Country Manager deliver strategic growth initiatives including directing special studies and analyses concerning economic and financial implications of existing and planned Client business initiatives.
- Analyzing and evaluating business acquisitions and working closely with the India Country Manager and Corporate management to develop and execute integration plans.
Key Attributes :
- Must be fluent English with good written and oral communication ability confident presenter
- Minimum degree qualified, appropriate professional Finance qualification. MBA desirable but not essential.
- A proven track record in strong Finance leadership preferably gained in a multisite, multi BU environment.
- Must have hands on style prepared to get involved in the detail and be compliance focused and data driven. These are key attributes of client business culture.
- Ability to work in complex, highly matrixed environment, with remote corporate Finance policy guidance and direction.
- HiPOT on the way up, hands on and hungry to develop further.
- At least 15 years- experience in Finance with more than 5 years as Finance leader capacity to grow with the business.
- Experience of industrial markets, preferably in the electronic instruments sectors or A&D. Comfortable in technical / engineering / manufacturing related business.
Familiarity with sales and service operations, R&D activity and light assembly
- Worked for global, multi-national organisation, preferably USA owned
- Exposure to lean/ kaizen methodologies
- Strong IT skills and data driven. Experience of enhancing ERP environments.
- Experience of new business integration or business start-up
Scope & Scale :
Country Finance responsibility - circa $70m revenues, 300 heads with high growth over the next 5 years driven by organic and M&A. Principle activities are sales and service, R&D - software, hardware and electromechanical, and offshoring IT, finance and commercial back office.
Contact with multiple BUs nationally and globally, client India management and overhead, corporate functions.