Finance Controller - Consumer Food (3-5 yrs)
Our client is one of the strongest Consumer brands in the Bakery category, having a 25000 sq ft state-of-the-art centralized manufacturing facility with European equipment near Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The founding team consists of a 'Master Baker' from Le Cordon Bleu, Paris, one of the finest culinary institutes in the world and an IIM-A alumni with a McKinsey background.
About the role
A Finance Controller is responsible for preparing a company's financial reports, which include balance sheets and income statements. They also assist in compliance audits and monitoring internal controls to ensure that everyone does their job correctly.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Education: CA graduate or CA Intern preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills