Finance Controller - Consulting Firm (10-20 yrs)
Key Responsibilities :
- Oversee the finance & accounting, secretarial & compliance functions and report to the CFO
- Assist the management in Strategic Planning
- Preparing, analyzing & presenting financial data & insights to the management on a regular basis
- Manage accounting operations at a corporate level including owning billing & collection at training centers, Cost Accounting, Revenue Recognition and cash management
- Review procedures relating to the preparation of the company's plans / budgets / forecasts and controls pertaining to key finance activities, monitor adherence to the relevant processes, policies and take timely action in case of deviations.
- Take ownership for budgeting & overseeing the overall financial discipline of the company
- Ensuring the timely completion and submission of financial and statistical reporting for stakeholders and regulatory agencies.
- Assist process teams in automating processes, developing internal controls across SOPs and manage risk
- Own month end and year end closing processes
- Liaison with auditors & consultants and take ownership for audit & due diligence closures
- Hire, train, monitor & review teams in the Finance Org and assist in building a high performance culture
- Ensure development of effective taxation strategies and plans, implement and monitor their effectiveness to minimize the tax burden
- Create framework for Financial risk assessment, strengthen internal controls and assist in process improvement.