Finance Controller - AgriTech - CA (8-10 yrs)
As a Financial controller, you will lead the timely preparation of all required financial MIS and Statements (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow Statements) through effective utilization of the ERP.
What you will do:
- Planning for timely finalization and closure of books of accounts on a monthly basis coordinating with CFTs for closure on sales and expense bookings and overall hygiene of numbers being reported to the stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing the audit and control strategy to ensure adherence to the prescribed statutory and Organizational norms; Liaise with Statutory Auditors and oversee periodic statutory audits.
- Should be aware of the prescribed Ind- AS / Indian Accounting standards; Manage and oversee the effective implementation of basic accounting systems such as payables, receivables, reconciliation, bookkeeping entries into the respective ledgers etc. in line with the accounting standards and organizational guidelines.
- Overseeing effective cash and bank management activities; Periodically monitor bank accounts to ensure compliance with respect to prescribed limits, preparation of monthly drawing power statements and submission to banks, preparation of CMA reports for limits renewal.
- Ensuring overall tax compliance for the Organization by arranging for timely and correct payment of tax to minimize penal interest.
- Formulate and review accounting policies & procedures on a continuous basis; Drive the development / up-gradation of a robust Accounting Manual.
- Review financial accounting and cost accounting systems to provide timely, accurate and consistent inputs for management reporting
- Oversee the timely publishing of required financial statements (cash flow statement, bank balances, payables and receivables etc.)
- Coordinating with Auditors to ensure timely submission and review of audit reports (Internal, statutory and Tax Audits); Ensure adherence to all statutory requirements and guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with respect to statutory requirements such as TDS, GST, TCS, Form 16 etc.; 0versee TDS, GST returns filing and ensure adherence to all related compliance
- Building and maintaining trackers for new business opportunities to control costs and drive profitability.
- Conducting performance appraisals of Departmental staff / personnel
- Assessing and fulfilling training and career development requirements.
- Foster an environment of learning, excellence and innovation within all aspects of Teamwork.
- Mentoring and coaching subordinates to develop the team's capabilities.
- Ad-hoc analysis / reporting as may be required by the Management
What you need to have:
- CA with 8-10 years of experience in the finance function
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards (Ind- AS) & ERP Systems
- Knowledge on imp-ex is a plus.
- Must be an analytical thinker with an eye for detail and a probing mindset
- Proficiency in handling multiple data points with moving variables
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver results as per the requirements of the business
- A positive approach, willing to contribute to business and an open mindset
- Proficient in Excel and Power-point
- Knowledge of Regulatory Framework and tax structures
- Should have Business acumen and exposure to digitization of processes.