FDRVC - Chief Executive Officer - Producer Enterprises (3-9 yrs)
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Producer Enterprises
Foundation for Development of Rural Value Chains (FDRVC) seeks to hire senior professionals as Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of large size enterprises owned by producer members in farm and non-farm sectors. These collective enterprises are under process of incorporation with an average investment of INR 10-12 Cr. per enterprise and are expected to reach an annual turnover of INR 25-30 Cr. in next five years. In next three years, each of these enterprises is expected to extend market support to 8000 to 10000 women farmers.
About the Facilitating Organization :
FDRVC is a Not for Profit Company set up in 2019 with the support of Tata Trusts to provide high quality professional support to DAY National Rural Livelihoods Mission, a flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development (https://aajeevika.gov.in). With the overriding objective of providing sustainable solution for market access issues of small and marginal farmers, FDRVC is working with DAY NRLM in promoting producer-owned collective enterprises.
More than 25 professionals, graduates from premier management schools having wide range of corporate experiences work with FRDVC from its heads office in New Delhi and regional offices in Ranchi, Lucknow, Bhopal and Guwahati works with DAY NRLM and their State counterparts for setting up of Producer Enterprises (PEs).
Overview of Produce Enterprises :
Producer Enterprises are owned and managed by - Primary Producers- or - Producer Institution- and are corporate bodies registered as per the provisions of Companies Act, 2013. A Primary producer is identified as any person engaged in activities such as: produce of farmers from agriculture and allied activities or produce of persons engaged in handloom, handicraft and other cottage industries etc.
Presently FDRVC, is in the process of setting up of such Producer Enterprises (PEs) in Jharkhand, MP, UP, Rajasthan and North East in different farm and non-farm commodities with a primary objective of ensuring market access and better price realization for the producers.
Brief About the Position :
It is envisaged that as soon as the PEs will be established they will require competent management leaders to spearhead operations. Hence, FDRVC is creating a pool of Chief Executive Officers (CEO) for eventual recruitment by these PEs. The CEO will be retained by FDRVC on behalf of the PE for a period of 6 months. During this period FDRVC will train these professionals and it is expected that the person will develop the required understanding of the roles & responsibilities and get familiar with the overall ecosystem & stakeholders. It is also expected that the person will be involved with the preparatory activities for the setup of PE during the six-month.
CEO Responsibilities :
The CEO of the Producer Enterprise will be responsible to the Board of Directors of the company for the following:
- Overall turnover and profitability drivers of the PE in alignment with the Business Plan
- Efficient management of operations
- Efficient management of working capital
- Ensure functioning of the PE as per the defined Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) which include operations of collection/procurement center, transportation of commodities, processing center operations, etc.
- Work with the PE leadership and State Rural Livelihood Mission functionaries to mobilize members and ensure build up share capital of the company
- Facilitate adoption of technology solutions / IT for operations of PEs
- Compliance with all regulatory and fiduciary norms & practices
Apart from these above, following are the routine tasks that will be required to be performed by the CEO, as per the guidelines of the Companies Act, 2013:
- Perform administrative acts of a routine nature including managing the day-to-day affairs of the company
- Make arrangements for the safe custody of cash and other assets of the Company
- Ensure maintenance of proper books of accounts, annual accounts, place the audited accounts before the Board and in the annual general meeting of the Members
- Furnish the members with periodic information to appraise them of the operation and functions of the Company
- Assist the Board in performing its activities and work on the powers delegated to him or her
As CEO of Producer Enterprise facilitated by FDRVC and for which initial investments have come from National Rural Livelihoods Missions, the following tasks will be performed:
- Provide all necessary data and information for coordination and integration
- Participate in internal and external meetings, monitoring visits and audits
- Compliance with guidelines/procedures of funding and concerned agencies
- Preparation of weekly/Monthly/ yearly project reports of the PE
- Understanding of profitability indicators and basic finance & accounting procedures of an enterprise
- Interested to work with rural communities,
- Ability to engage with a large variety of stakeholders like Processors, Retailers, Corporate, Traders, input suppliers, Government officials, administrative officials, field staff and member farmers etc.
- Understanding of ERP/IT-based operating environment will be critical
- Understanding of processing and value addition in food industry including packaging and labeling is highly desirable
- Post-Graduation or Graduation or an equivalent degree in Food Technology, Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Sciences, Management, and related disciplines. Qualified Chartered Accountants with relevant experience may also apply.
- We are looking for bright and experienced people for the position with 5-6 years of work experience in sectors dealing with agriculture and allied products
- Should have exposure to a minimum of Rs.5 crore agribusiness annually
Other: Fluency in reading and writing in English and Hindi is required
The position will be at Delhi for an initial 6 months with need-based travel to rural locations. Subsequently, after incorporation of PE, will be based out of district/block town in focus states which at present are UP, MP, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan. Compensation is based on current salary, experience and commensurable with industry standards.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.