HR at Famy Care Ltd.
Views:2267 Applications:116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:110
Famy Care - Vice President - Private Equity Investments (6-10 yrs)
We are a private equity platform focused on control and significant minority transactions in the mid-market PE and late-stage VC space of India.
We manage a corpus of very patient capital which is devoid of any time related pressures on deployment and exits thereby making investment decisions purely a function of business fundamentals.
The platform is promoted by the Taparia family from Mumbai (Famy Care Group) who are amongst the most well-respected business conglomerates from India with businesses spanning pharmaceuticals, health & wellness, FMCG and retail industries. Some of the businesses owned and promoted by the family are Famy Care (exited to Mylan Pharmaceuticals), Guardian Pharmacy, GNC India, Elegare Beauty Pvt. Ltd. etc.
Description of Role:
- Front-ended deal sourcing for control-transactions, based on investment theses of the group and leading discussions as the key POC.
- Perform in-depth research and gather key insights to better understand investment opportunities
- Industry landscaping to look for need gaps/opportunities in specific industries such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare, wellness, consumer and fintech
- Aid in investment decision making by scrutinizing information gathered, conducting detailed investment analysis and due diligence
- Create and deliver quality presentations to aid in decision making
- Responsible for end to end deal closure
- Strong academic background with an MBA from tier-1 institute/Chartered-Accountant
- 5-8 years post-MBA work experience in PE/VC or Investment Banking space
Key Skills/Abilities -
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and a sharp analytical mind, to identify opportunities for new business investments
- Be able to grasp and understand new business concepts, and scale steep learning curves especially with respect to learning about new sectors, etc
- Have a drive and passion to work, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Have a bent towards long-term, sustainable businesses
- Have a deep understanding of financial statements, and excellent financial modelling and presentation skills (excel and power point)
- Have the ability to conduct in depth primary and secondary research, and come up with crisp, comprehensive reports
- Have the ability to build/maintain a network of key relationships
- Preferably possess past experience in healthcare / pharmaceuticals industries
- Have the ability to guide him/herself in ambiguous situations
- Display maturity, excellent communication skills and a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Possess a high degree of diligence, personal integrity, and adherence to high ethical standards