Factspan - Senior Manager - Data Science (8-14 yrs)
Factspan is a pure play data and analytics services organization. We partner with fortune 500enterprises to build an analytics center of excellence, generating insights and solutions from rawdata to solve business challenges, make strategic recommendations and implement new pro-cesses that help them succeed. With offices in Seattle, Washington and Bangalore, India; we usea global delivery model to service our customers. Our customers include industry leaders fromRetail, Financial Services, Hospitality, and technology sectors.
Job Description :
This is a leadership role, where-in the candidate will be managing delivery for multiple accounts and working closely with the leadership team in driving multiple strategic initiatives within the organization. As Senior Manager in the Data Analytics practice, you will be accountable for the creating value for customers through relevant solution identification and impeccable project execution. The role requires the individual to be able to conceptualize the methodologies, have a good exposure on the frameworks and exposure across a breadth of technologies. The Senior Manager is expected to define standards, setup testing practices and deployment frameworks to create best-inclass solutions. The Senior Manager is expected to have a good overview of the new technologies.
- Create a scalable process to manage delivery in a seamless way across accounts and ensure adherence.
- End-to-end delivery of projects in the portfolio - Work planning, estimation, scope refinement, quality and delivery
- Risk planning and contingency management to meet changing needs and requirements
- Continuously identify and analyze the shortcomings and improve the processes.
- Define, develop, deploy and ensure adoption of the frameworks and standards to provide excellence
- Able to build relationships and trust. Work collaboratively in teams and across functions in a professional manner
- Comfortable in guiding and mentoring the junior folks in the team Proactive towards organizational initiatives and people activities like training, developing people by creating growth plans, etc.
- Create a strategic growth plan for every account and be accountable for its execution along with their onsite counterparts
- Develop POCs and create POVs towards account growth. Support on the Sales effort through RFIs and RFPs.
- Participate in client workshops to identify high impact problems that could be solved through AI based solutions
- Translate business problems (sometimes ambiguous) into clear analytic problem statements.
- Design a plan to develop and deploy advanced analytics solutions in collaboration with
- SMEs in Data Science & Engineering.
- Own & drive execution of the plan by demonstrating techno-functional consulting & stakeholder management capabilities.
- Measure and articulate how analytic results improve clients' business & financial metrics.
- Perform a role that involves a combination of hands-on contribution, customer engagement and team management.
- Contribute to organization building through training, mentoring, and developing repeatable analytic approaches
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience level 8+ years.
- Ability to discover patterns in data and deliver impactful insights in the context of client decision making
- Knowledge of DS/ ML / AI techniques - when and why they are used and interpretation of results from a business viewpoint
- In depth understanding of how analytics is used in decision making in one or more industries / functional areas
- Ability to translate high level business problems to an analytics problem statement
- Experience in scoping, development, validation & deployment of explanatory, predictive, and prescriptive analytic solutions
- Experience in stakeholder management, driving project governance, and linking analytics to business value delivered
- Hands-on experience in data handling using SQL and advanced analytics tools such as R and / or Python
- Hands on experience in analysing and visualizing data using tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Behavioral Attributes :
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent Verbal/Written communication
- Excellent Interpersonal & Presentation skills
- Willingness to go beyond the textbook while applying statistics in a business situation which typically entails less than ideal data quality/quantity