Factspan - Senior Manager - Data Engineering Practice (8-14 yrs)
Job Description :
This is a leadership role, where-in the candidate will be managing delivery for multiple accounts and working closely with the leadership team in driving multiple strategic initiatives within the organization. As Senior Manager in the Data Engineering practice, you will be accountable for the creating value for customers through relevant solution identification and impeccable project execution. The role requires the individual to be able to conceptualize the methodologies, have a good exposure on the frameworks and exposure across a breadth of technologies. The Senior Manager is expected to define standards, setup testing practices and deployment frameworks to create best-in class solutions. The Senior Manager is expected to have a good overview of the new technologies.
- Delivery Excellence
- Create a scalable process to manage delivery in a seamless way across accounts and ensure adherence.
- End-to-end delivery of projects in the portfolio - Work planning, estimation, scope refinement, quality and delivery
- Risk planning and contingency management to meet changing needs and requirements
- Continuously identify and analyze the shortcomings and improve the processes.
- Define, develop, deploy and ensure adoption of the frameworks and standards to provide excellence.
- Able to build relationships and trust. Work collaboratively in teams and across functions in a professional manner
- Comfortable in guiding and mentoring the junior folks in the team Proactive towards organizational initiatives and people activities like training, developing people by creating growth plans, etc.
- Create a strategic growth plan for every account and be accountable for its execution along with their onsite counterparts
- Develop POCs and create POVs towards account growth. Support on the Sales effort through RFIs and RFPs.
- Develop project requirements, SOWs, execution plans, project timelines, and other related materials for the management of deliverables
- Accountability on the overall health of the accounts - timeliness, quality, customer feedback
- Manage the governance processes, client concerns & escalations, drive productivity and utilization
- Create compelling presentations that provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Managing customers at senior leadership levels and their expectations. Growing such customer relationships in value, customer satisfaction, revenue mix (jointly with the onsite team)
- Explore and capitalize on opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell to existing & new clients within the account
- Constant innovation and creating new solutions/accelerators/POVs which maps to the market place requirements
- Support on new proposals/RFPs as required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Managed large delivery teams with revenue targets
- Had strong knowledge of Delivery Management processes/tools
- Have managed onsite-offshore engagement model
- Have provided leadership and have managed the delivery across accounts
- 8+ years of relevant data analytics/data engineer experience, with 5+ in leading and managing delivery teams
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills - Leading, growing and mentoring an enthusiastic team of high energy professionals and building future leaders
- Build additional competencies & skill sets in line with market requirements and future growth potential
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple & complex projects and resources concurrently
- Excellent consultative, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative - adapatible to work in a fast changing, high learning and sometimes unstructured start-up environment
- Proven experience managing and delivering a wide variety of data and analytic solutions
- Strong understanding of Python, SQL, Haddop/Other big data technologies - knowledge about any other key languages would be a plus
- Experience working with US clients
Technical Skill sets:
- Strong experience in Data Platform/Data Engineering like Big Data, Business Intelligence and Cloud (Azure or AWS or GCP)
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases and clouddata warehouses like Redshift, Snowflake etc.
- Good understanding of python
- Experience in developing scalable ETLs and data processes
- Deep understanding of big data or data warehouse technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up like- Big Data/MLOps/Cloud Data warehouse/Data Lake/Spark/Streaming ecosystem
- Deep understanding & expertise with data pipelines, ingestion, storage, data wrangling,
and data governance.
- Functional capabilities - Requirement gathering, Client Mgt, team handling, Program delivery, Project Management (Project Estimation, Scope of Project, Agile methodology).
- 8+ years of experience in senior technology-based data delivery, architecture, or similar leadership roles
- Master expertise in database systems, data engineering, APIs, and public cloud technologies and patterns
- Strong business acumen, relationship building, and superlative communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in two or more core enterprise data systems and capabilities (ingress, compute, egress, MDM, AI/ML, etc. )
- Success in deployment of cloud-native delivery patterns as well as hybrid approaches
- Exposure to Terraform, Airflow
- Exposure to Kafka, DBT
- Exposure to Dremio