Factset - Product Specialist (2-5 yrs)
Job description :
- Act as the product lead for the Exchange Data feed and real-time.
- Actively participate and contribute to internal and external calls to understand client requirements/issues and current priorities.
- Understand the product strategy and help develop solutions that will help us deliver on strategy.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure timely delivery as agreed upon.
- Manage the group s daily inflow of CTS product requests and guide them to a meaningful and timely resolution
- Research and prioritize questions, bugs, and enhancement requests that come through RPDs or Issue Trackers.
- Communicate with the support team regularly to gather feedback on client issues and activity
- Perform operational tasks including initial client setup, Notify announcements and account maintenance.
- Document new releases and update training and marketing materials to communicate application features and benefits
- Identify recurring issues/requests and make recommendations for feature enhancements
- Collection of metrics for product usage, issues reported time to first response, time to resolution, etc.
- Coach and train junior team members
Required Skills :
- Strong technical and business skills (including presentation and communication)
- Basic understanding of the Global Investment Industry and Enterprise Data Delivery solutions
Professional experience and competency in three or more of the following :
- Log design and troubleshooting
- Technical QA methodology
- Programmatic APIs
- Specification writing / technical documentation
- RESTFul APIs
- FQL, Kibana, Jenkins and GitHub
- Intermediate Python knowledge, R, Matlab
- Testing using Postman and CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Able to understand a complicated technical product line, while being able to manage the complicated business rules surrounding these products.
- Functional understanding of Enterprise Data Delivery solutions
- Functional understanding of Software Development cycles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills are needed to juggle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail along with the ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members in other offices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Self-disciplined and motivated work ethic.
- Ability to see projects through from start to finish.
Highly Desired Attributes :
- Knowledge or experience with Enterprise software from FactSet, CapIQ, Thomson Reuters or Bloomberg
- Knowledge of financial databases used in financial markets
- Experience with creating and maintaining product documentation
- Proven track record of guiding large projects to success
- Strong QA skills including planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting.
Key Skills : Product management, Analytics, Manager Quality Assurance, Analytical, Operations, Technical documentation