EY - Wavespace Manager (10-15 yrs)
The opportunity :
- As the location Manager of the EY wavespace Trivandrum team, you will have the opportunity to own the engagement of high priority local, regional and global clients to understand and address some of their largest and most complex performance challenges, and ultimately improve and drive sustainable business results.
- We enable organizations to identify and address their most critical issues, ranging from strategic direction and alignment, digital disruption and organizations' responses to the pace of change whether technological, political or societal in nature.
- Whilst the nature of our work focuses on the design and facilitation of collaborative events, the competencies required is a diverse and challenging blend of logical problem solving, innovative thinking, and political astuteness.
- Exemplar communication skills, psychology, an open and inquisitive mind and a fundamental desire to enable the capabilities of others to reach resolutions. In terms of skills facilitation is grounded in a number of methodologies of which Design Thinking is core but equally critical are project and program management, change management and a depth of understanding across the entire consulting value chain.
- While not critical across all sectors a current and relevant level of experience and knowledge of client and industry issues is crucial.
- As the public face of EY wavespace, it is expected that the candidate will confidently engage and influence diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders to position wavespace as a powerful and clearly differentiated facility, capability and brand within the GDS
Your key responsibilities :
- In this role, you will act as an advisor who can help mentor both wavespace and broader EY personnel, and clients, and be ultimately responsible and accountable for scaling the wavespace Trivandrum operations, impact and returns.
- To be successful in this role you will have deep experience in both digital transformation and corporate innovation, preferably with domain expertise across key sectors but more importantly have a demonstrated ability to work with early-stage technology and large scale incumbent businesses alike. A technical background in strategy, experience design and digital technology is extremely advantageous to the role.
More specifically, the successful candidate should :
- Lead the design and execution of the short and medium-term wavespace Trivandrum strategy, roadmap and plan to deliver on agreed key performance indicators and targets, annually.
- Engage with Service Line and Sector teams to develop repeatable, scalable wavespace offerings that can be customised for priority clients
- Support the development and activation of local Team capability to deliver on the wavespace Trivandrum specialisation of unique Experiences.
- Lead the creation of a wavespace Core Team that consists of world class facilitation and design capabilities to run wavespace Trivandrum, support account and project teams to deliver client events.
- Lead as appropriate the securing and management of key commercial partnerships and programs to foster an open ecosystem with start-ups, corporates, thought leaders, accelerators and leading universities.
- Support EY to expand services provided to key clients, contributing to the firms ability to compete and differentiate.
- Contribute to business development and client pursuit activities by providing inputs and review of wavespace related proposals and presentations for potential clients and partnerships, as well as identifying any follow-on client engagement opportunities
- Support the operations, planning, and development of the wavespace brand, marketing and communications program in GDS
- Engage confidently with senior communication stakeholders, for example with the ability to translate complex issues into coherent problem statements.
- Be up to date with key emerging technology trends and industry trends
- Be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders through a practical approach to solving issues and gaining stakeholder agreement
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration and promote a diverse and inclusive working environment
- Able to identify, escalate and resolve client engagement risks and issues, including ensuring equitable access for all EY service lines while maintaining experience quality and brand integrity
- Take full financial responsibility for wavespace Trivandrum including full budgetary responsibility and delegated authority (as agreed)
- Develop the capabilities of the broader organization to encompass leading practices and innovative ways of working including but not limited to Collaborative Facilitation, Agile (Scrum), Design Thinking and applied AI.
Skills and attributes for success :
- Strong leadership experience with followership
- Demonstrated people management with strong communication skills
- Develop, foster and leverage key relationships
- Experience in a position where change management and consistent delivery has been a prerequisite to success
- Experience in working with multiple delivery stakeholders with competing priorities
- Understanding our clients reality and challenges
- Subject matter expertise for the development of collaborative session designs to support the client in:
- Better understanding their challenge through a broadening of their exposure to aligned market trends, case studies, examples and leading practices
- Supporting the client in bringing to bear an awareness of options that will drive significant change in relation to the challenge
- Creating tactical and practical steps for resolution
- Supporting the alignment of groups through collaborative activity in co-developing solutions
- Generating momentum and a sense of engagement and excitement around the proposed solutions
- Overseeing and providing quality assurance for the delivery of sessions ranging from 10 to 150 participants, ensuring a high quality seamless experience for all participants, an inclusive process that engages all, an action oriented event that maintains pace and a focus on outcomes that are both practical and short term.
- Continuously focusing on process improvement, innovation and quality of events, the experience of users and wavespace operations
- A depth of understanding and inquisitiveness to support the digital enablement of the collaborative experience and development of truly connected collaboration offerings
To qualify for the role you must have demonstrable experience in :
- At least 10+ years professional experience in a management consulting or other professional services environment
- Bachelor degree in any discipline. Masters degree preferred.
- Cross-sector and cross-border knowledge and experience across the business value chain
- Strong digital product and service development experience ideally in a start-up or corporate innovation context
- Strong commercial acumen, looking to balance the drive for improvement with recognition of stakeholder needs and external regulators
- Organisational Change Management (communications, training)
- Project Management
- Design Thinking
- Large scale meeting management and facilitation
- Organizational Operating & Delivery Modelling and implementation
- Process Efficiency (definition, implementation and measurement)
- Customer Experience mapping/journey mapping
- Digital Design
- Cultural/political awareness
- Deep personal EQ strength