Assistant Manager at Ernst & Young
Views:4953 Applications:152 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
EY - Transaction Taxation Role - CA (3-10 yrs)
Urgent requirement in Transaction Tax domain
- Our transaction tax professionals advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions. They assist clients with structuring transaction tax efficiently and undertake tax due-diligence reviews of potential targets.
- They also advise companies and promoters on restructuring their corporate structure, in order to achieve tax and regulatory efficiencies as well as achieve business objectives including succession planning. work on a variety of transactions.
The opportunity :
- Transaction tax professionals look after clients of all sizes across all industries, working closely with colleagues in different service lines around the world. In this dynamic and fast-moving environment, you'll work on a variety of transactions.
- This ranges from acquisitions of small family-owned businesses to significant, newsworthy deals, including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, de-mergers, joint ventures, refinancing or stock exchange transactions. Each will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to develop your career.
Your key responsibilities :
- Your main objective is to help the Transaction tax team deliver quality deliverables in an efficient manner, manage the execution team and meet client expectations on a consistent basis.
Your client responsibilities :
- Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure outstanding client service. Team with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions
- Understand client needs and advise them on strategic issues
- Provide a perspective on global trends and emerging practices on client assignments
- Proactively alert clients on business environment changes that would impact the client
Your people responsibilities :
- Exhibit a positive attitude and demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products
- Mentoring and coaching interns and consultants
- Regularly be approached by members of the firm to assist in resolving people's issues.
Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities :
- Lead and coordinate the planning and management of small/medium assignments, independently: Pricing, Billing and Recovery, Maximize fee opportunity.
- Create and manage strong independent relationships with clients, with minimal partner involvement.
- Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and act on referrals
- Build value for the firm by marketing firm's services on an overall basis, winning new clients and work from existing clients, identifying and converting opportunities.
- Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge and strategic thinking in delivery of solutions to clients.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies and manage sensitive and high level risk issues.
- Champion knowledge sharing efforts, review and continually improve processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
- Create an environment for the team to think of innovations and to do things differently. Get involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an - ownership- attitude and a clear sense of vision and direction while promoting Firm's core values.
- Spend significant proportion of time leading and managing teams with the ability to mobilize and inspire team.
- Build a strong team and contribute to succession planning for the firm
- Provide a bridge between the leadership and the non-managerial colleagues
- Assisting Partners / Associate Directors in writing articles on topics relating to the Group
Skills and attributes for success :
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously & Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and responsible and ability to handle pressure
- Willingness to travel locally and outside city for work
To qualify for the role you must have :
- A qualified CA with 2 - 7 years of post-qualification experience in tax and regulatory work
- Core transaction tax experience will be an added advantage
Ideally you'll also have :
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility
What we look for :
- People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers :
- EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About EY :
- As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.