EY - Supplier Governance Lead (12-18 yrs)
Job title: Supplier Ecosystem Services - Supplier Governance Lead
- Would you like to work for a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Consulting Services with over 350,000 people around the world? Would you like to be part of a global Supply Chain Services team that employs innovation and technology to disrupt the status quo and generate business value? Would you like to play a role in building a better working world every day? If so, you will want to read this.
About EY Supply Chain Services :
- Our global Supply Chain Services team includes more than 600 people working across over 38 countries. We are relentless trendsetters, employing the latest in innovation and technology to better service the business. In a world of disruption, we embrace transformation and work to find best-in-class services and suppliers to help us stay ahead of the curve. We are responsible for sourcing across four categories of spend:
Procurement and Supplier Ecosystem Services (PSES)
The Opportunity :
EY Procurement and Supplier Ecosystem Services (PSES) Team manages the end-to-end supplier lifecycle from
Sourcing to Contract management across Technology, Talent and BMC categories with an annual spend in excess of US$5billion.
The Supplier Ecosystem Services team (SES) is focused on establishing strong supplier relationships, enhance governance framework, prevent value leakage and manage risk for suppliers servicing EY and its member firms.
We're looking for a Assistant director with expertise across Talent, Work Place Services, Brand marketing communications' and would work under direction of the Category Supplier Relationship Manager in managing the supplier lifecycle, perform analytics on spend and invoice data to glean insights to prevent value leakage and optimize governance. The role requires leading a sub category with an approximate spend of $100-$500Mn with multiple suppliers ,creating robust routines for ongoing management, optimization, leakage prevention and value creation in close collaboration with various role in PSES, including Supplier Commercial Owner, Supplier
Contract Owner, Supplier Risk/ Compliance Owner, business operation, EY IT, EY GCO and finance.
Your key responsibilities:
- Understanding our global supplier footprint, types of contracts signed and supplier deliverables and obligations as defined in the contracts. Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of the category and of the future roadmap.
- Understand and implement SES supplier management framework practises and identify areas of improvement within the processes and procedures to enhance the supplier management experience and outcome for the responsible category.
- Lead and manage contract onboarding from a commercial and performance standpoint and manage overall project plans and schedules associated with deliverables and key milestones.
- Develop a structured validation framework for supplier invoices and performance reports with the supplier analytics team.
- Plan, run and track all governance and relationship/business review meetings to review supplier performance, value adds, improvements, recommendations and challenges.
- Keep a meticulous track of all value leakage avenues and prevent them from happening or escalate at the right levels to bring focus.
- Work with leadership team to bring in benefits and efficiencies (5%-10%) of total category spend as quantifiable dollar benefits and process improvements for creating Brand Value.
- Build and maintain trustworthy and effective partnerships with key stakeholders within Procurement, Business and supplier teams.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Be part of the deal approval process and have the right level of engagement during onboarding to bring value to the process and ensure post contract supplier governance is smooth.
- Participate and lead certain workstreams for value creation, spend optimization, supplier rationalization etc and ensure SES's voice and leadership is visible on those platforms for your sub- category.
- Participate in wider Enablement services initiatives where supplier touchpoints exist.
- Provide insights and market movements to internal stakeholders for your particular sub-category.
- Assist with internal audit/compliance review processes for suppliers.
- Manage all deliverables on time for the suppliers on EY contract management tool.
Skills and attributes for success
- Fluent in English - written and verbal.
- Excellent Communication skills, result-oriented, self-driven person with a high energy level, analytical and structured with extensive experience in relationship management.
- Have an understanding of tools like Ariba, Sirion (vendor management workflow tool), Accounts Payable tools built on SAP.
- Outstanding knowledge of service level agreement for the sub category.
- Operational knowledge of RFP process and recommendation of clauses to strengthen the contracts.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply a forward-thinking customer focused lens to developing business solutions.
- Continuously advising the leadership team on expected performance vs. contractual obligations .
- Able to work in a self-sufficient manner, operating across multiple suppliers.
- Synthesizes and communicates detailed contractual information in support of an effective decision-making process and understands the commercial drivers of supplier performance.
- Forms and communicates a clear and concise view of contractual performance.
- Demonstrates appreciation and respect of varying cultures - both corporate and geographical.
To qualify for the role, you must have :
- Completion of a four-year college degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree) is required to perform this position, graduate level education and or professional certification is recommended
- 8 -10 years of relevant experience in a supplier management is required with overall experience of 12-15 years . Strategy or Domain experience in one of the domains - Supply Chain Services, Procurement, Technology.
- Demonstrated experience in end to end supplier management managing & running large scale programs aimed at value leakage prevention, building relationships and tightening of global processes.
Desirable Certifications :
1. Certification in Project Management - PRINCE II, PMP, Agile
2. Six Sigma Certification
3. Certification in Change Management, Design Thinking will be an advantage
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Ability to run BAU operations and drive projects and conduct vendor improvement initiatives/workshops.
- A fair knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements by regions across the globe will be a plus.
- Experience in translating contractual terminologies into trackable deliverables and obligations.
What we look for :
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- Opportunities to work with EY practices globally
What working at EY offers :
At EY, we're dedicated to helping our clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies - and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you