Assistant Manager at EY
Views:408 Applications:95 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
EY - Senior Tax Accountant - US (2-5 yrs)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Provide direct support to the Tax Manager to ensure the Company meets its tax filing obligations, with the goal of minimizing the Company's exposure to taxing authorities. Position will support the efforts of the Tax Manager to ensure that the Company complies with all applicable laws and tax code provisions, particularly related to the real estate investment trusts that are in the organizational structure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review workpapers required to prepare federal, state and local income tax returns, and K-1s for various business entities including corporations, partnerships, and (Real estate investment trust) REITs.
2. Track filing obligations of each of the Company's entities, to ensure that the Company is filing all required returns in each applicable jurisdiction.
3. Review projected federal and state taxable income on a quarterly basis and make sure estimates taxes are timely paid.
4. Review and assist with calculation of tax carried interest (waterfall) calculations and analyses
5. Maintain tax files in a highly organized fashion, referencing all workpapers back to source documents.
6. Ensure compliance with REIT rules by reviewing quarterly asset tests and annual income tests, ACS 740 memo, REIT checklist, and Property Service Questionnaire.
7. Send shareholder demand letters to applicable shareholders, and tracks responses to the letters.
8. Assist in various aspects of tax planning and consulting, as required.
9. Review calculations to project/determine, for federal income tax purposes, the taxability of the Company's distributions.
10. Review complex calculations required to properly allocate depreciation expense and partnership liabilities.
11. Review projected allocations of income to partners of the Company.
12. Review amounts to be withheld from limited partners for various domestic and foreign jurisdictions/Notify partners of amounts withheld from distributions/Complete and file appropriate tax forms/returns.
13. Implement and maintain internal controls over tax department functions.
14. Respond to and track status of all tax notices received by the Company from various taxing jurisdictions.
15. Review tax provisions on a quarterly and annual basis for corporate entities
16. Provide support to others as required.
17. Lead and direct tax staff and tax administrative assistants
18. Work as a team member both within the tax department and across accounting functions including finance and accounting teams. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATRIBUTES:
- Bachelor's degree required/Advanced degree in Taxation preferred.
- Minimum of three year of experience with REIT/real estate and partnership tax issues.
- Proficient in the use of depreciation and tax preparation software
- Attention to detail.
- Personable, able to deal within the framework of a large organization and work with others as a team player.
- Must be intelligent, highly organized, motivated, self-starter.
- Diligent and focused individual who enjoys work.
- Proactive and communicative.
- Able to keep inside information confidential.