Assistant Manager at EY
Views:2140 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:68
EY - Senior Manager - Taxation - CA (9-12 yrs)
Senior Manager - Tax - Direct Tax
The opportunity :-
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Tax Team as Senior Manager in Direct Tax practice.
Your key responsibilities :
- Develop and Implement accounts strategy for DT offerings targeted at clients within identified industry segments and market segments
- Develop and sell new solutions (managed services, distinct technology solutions etc.) for the DT practice as part of the GTM initiative
- Enhance internal and external awareness of EY DT services (branding) and support development of proposals/presentations etc as required
- Build strong relationships across all Service Lines and with the BD team to help surface new client opportunities and drive sales
- Periodic monitoring and reporting of sales opportunities, pipeline and wins
- Identify opportunities for other services and support in cross-sell for Tax, CoSec & other services
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments- pricing, billing and recovery, maximizing fee opportunities- with guidance from the Partner.
- Develop sound value based solutions and apply technical knowledge in delivery of complex solutions to clients.
- Understand macro and strategic issues on client engagements.
- Develop specialized competence and begin to attract recognition within own service line as a technical resource for that specialization.
- Participate in own Service line teams or special projects across the firm.
- Creating / managing independent relationships with clients and building broad networks within the firm locally and internationally.
- Contribute to firm's profitability by generating additional work from existing clients and supporting in selling new client proposals.
- Expands opportunities with existing clients, identifies and acts on referrals in relation to the Service Line.
- Providing perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client's operations.
- Is involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods linked to the area of specialization.
- Responsible for handling straightforward risk management issues and progressively taking on greater risk management responsibility while ensuring compliance to risk management strategies, plans and activities.
- Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts. Improving processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
- Proactively taking up a leadership role, working in cross service line engagements, mentor and coach team members and help in resolving people issues of the group.
- Responsible for managing a reasonable sized portfolio of clients with an enthusiastic and energetic team
- Constantly looking at increasing the portfolio size by adding new clients and mining in existing ones;
- Taking initiatives on cross sell, new solutions, tax technology solutions and actively participating in GTM (go-to-market) among clients and with other sub-service lines;
- Looking for opportunities in marketing own and other sub-service lines;
Skills and attributes for success :-
- Strong analytical ability, logical and problem solving approach on complex issues.
- Strong marketing and business development skills.
- In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
- Technical competence in Tax and also the industry / specialized field
- Strong leadership skills to create high performance climate; serve as a role model, mentor, coach
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
To qualify for the role you must have :-
- A qualified Chartered accountant
- 9-12 years of relevant post-qualification experience in - Corporate tax, Personal tax or International Tax