Assistant Manager at Ernst & Young
Views:5063 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
EY - Senior Manager/Manager - Indirect Tax (6-17 yrs)
Job Title (Internal/External) : Manager/Sr Manager - Indirect Tax
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
- Team player
- Accuracy and high standards
- Commitment to on-going self-development
- Analytical ability
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
Job Role :
As an indirect tax service professional at Ernst & Young, you will help leading organizations to identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle. This will involve devising and providing recommendations to address a wide range of issues and problems and helping them to meet their compliance obligations and business goals around the world. We will give you access to the methodologies and tools required and help you to develop the skills you need to be a successful advisor. You will also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries and geographies and the support you need to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will handle engagements related to Indirect Tax Laws, Appeals, Tax Restructuring, Tax Advisory and Consulting pertaining to Service Tax, VAT, Excise and Customs.
- The profile will also involve dealing with Indirect Tax Compliance.
Your client responsibilities:
- Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; response in a timely manner, displays a commitment to outstanding client service.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements .Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
- Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
- Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain an understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
- Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work related issues.
- Coordinates with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
- Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Academic Qualifications: a certified CA (pref.) /LLB/any other Diploma with post qualification and/or articleship experience in indirect tax. excellent organizational and analytical abilities and verbal/written communication skills
Experience : 6+ yrs of experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.