EY - Senior Data Engineering (4-10 yrs)
Senior Analyst - Data Engineering
Data and Analytics team is a multi-disciplinary technology team delivering client projects and solutions across Data Management, Visualization, Business Analytics and Automation. The assignments cover a wide range of countries and industry sectors
The opportunity :
We are looking for Senior Analyst - Data Engineering. The main purpose of the role is to support cloud and on-prem platform analytics and data engineering projects initiated across engagement teams. The role will primarily involve conceptualizing, designing, developing, deploying and maintaining complex technology solutions which help EY solve business problems for the clients. This role will work closely with technical architects, product and business subject matter experts (SMEs), back-end developers and other solution architects and is also onshore facing.
This role will be instrumental in designing, developing, and evolving the modern data warehousing solutions and data integration build-outs using cutting edge tools and platforms for both on-prem and cloud architectures. In this role you will be coming up with design specifications, documentation, and development of data migration mappings and transformations for a modern Data Warehouse set up/data mart creation and define robust ETL processing to collect and scrub both structured and unstructured data providing self-serve capabilities (OLAP) in order to create impactful decision analytics reporting.
Your key responsibilities :
- Evaluating and selecting data warehousing tools for business intelligence, data population, data management, metadata management and warehouse administration for both on-prem and cloud based engagements
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack, including ETL, ELT, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit and design
- Design, develop, and test in ETL tool environment (GUI/canvas steered tools to create workflows)
- Experience in design documentation (data mapping, technical specifications, production support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.)
- Provides technical guidance to a team of data warehouse and business intelligence developers
- Coordinate with other technology users to design and implement matters of data governance, data harvesting, cloud implementation strategy, privacy, and security
- Adhere to ETL/Data Warehouse development Best Practices
- Responsible for Data orchestration, ingestion, ETL and reporting architecture for both on-prem and cloud (MS Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Assisting the team with performance tuning for ETL and database processes
Skills and attributes for success :
- Minimum of 4 years of total experience with Data warehousing/ Business Intelligence field
- Solid hands-on 3+ years of professional experience with creation and implementation of data warehouses on client engagements and helping create enhancements to a data warehouse
- Strong knowledge of data architecture for staging and reporting schemas, data models and cutover strategies using industry standard tools and technologies
- Architecture design and implementation experience with medium to complex on-prem to cloud migrations with any of the major cloud platforms (preferably AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Azure database offerings [Relational, NoSQL, Datawarehouse]
- 2+ years hands-on experience in various Azure services preferred - Azure Data Factory, Kafka, Azure Data Explorer, Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services & Databricks
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on database design, modelling and integration experience with relational data sources, such as SQL Server databases, Oracle/MySQL, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Power BI, Alteryx, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes etc.)
- Strong creative instincts related to data analysis and visualization.
- Curiosity to learn the business methodology, data model and user personas.
- Strong understanding of BI and DWH best practices, analysis, visualization, and latest trends.
- Experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and rules of product development, such as installation, upgrade and namespace management
- Solid thoughtfulness, technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-
To qualify for the role, you must have :
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in computer science, or related field, required. Advanced degree
or equivalent business experience preferred
- Fact steered and thoughtfulness with excellent attention to details
- Hands-on experience with data engineering tasks such as building analytical data records and experience manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data
- Relevant work experience of minimum 4 to 6 years in a big 4 or technology/ consulting set up
Ideally, you- ll also have :
- Ability to think strategically/end-to-end with result-oriented mindset
- Ability to build rapport within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work on client sites / practice office locations
What we look for:
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-prominent, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with prominent businesses across a range of industries
What we offer :
- EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations - Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK - and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We- ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You- ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success, as defined by you: We- ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We- ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You- ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
About EY :
EY | Building a better working world :
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build
trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.
- If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.