EY - Senior Consultant - Procurement (5-10 yrs)
Procurement - Senior Consultant
We're looking for Senior Consultant with an expertise in Procurement to join the group of our Business Consulting Team to work with business clients and project teams to support engagements on SC&O.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior consultant, you will be part of a team of professionals with extensive Supply Chain consulting and industry experience. Drawing on your knowledge and experience, you will create innovative insights for clients, suggest methods and practices to optimise their SC&O processes, improve operations and create new sources of value, and contribute to thought leadership. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. Travel may be required when safe to do so or for critical business needs.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with business stakeholders on Supply Chain assignments related to performance improvement, target operating model and operational experience - transformation/ optimization/re-engineering, etc. and translate the client needs and priorities to sustainable solutions
- Effectively partner with the project teams and effectively manage and remit the assigned scope of work
- Ensure consistency in delivering high quality work products exceeding the client expectations and meeting delivery timelines
- Build, maintain and strengthen working relationships with business stakeholders at appropriate levels and clients.
- Continually enhance your technical and consulting skills on SC&O - procurement, there by contributing to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Liaise with internal teams and field of play teams to help identify opportunities on SC&O and actively contribute to business development activities.
- Develop and groom team members for succession planning, as needed
Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding of end-to-end Procurement process covering one or more of the following areas: procurement strategy, sourcing, supplier management, purchasing
- Knowledge of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) frameworks
- Ability to identify cost optimization opportunities related to Procurement of goods & services
- Understand material requirement planning
- Business process re-engineering and optimization in diverse industry like Oil & Gas, B2B, Real estate & construction, Consumer Goods & retail, Manufacturing will be valuable for the role.
- Good understanding of any of the ERP applications on the domain area
- Participation in Supply chain transformation projects, Digitalization of SC&O will be good for the role
- Process compliance/timely reporting of facts & figures
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with all stakeholders
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Self-motivated with a lot of energy and drive
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6-8 years of work experience in various Supply Chain domain projects. Consulting experience would be an added advantage (5+ years of core experience, 3+ years of consulting experience)
- BE/B-Tech/MBA/higher degrees in operations
- Consulting experience in Supply chain - Procurement on operating model design, procurement solutions design, policies and procedures, process mapping, operational efficiency improvement, process transformation, re-engineering and optimization
Strong experience/capability in:
- Procurement planning, Sourcing, Supplier performance management and governance, purchasing, RFQ/Quotation, master data management, Contract life cycle management, analytics (supplier research, spend analytics, benchmarking)
- Addon experience in Procurement / Supplier / 3rd party audits
- Strong in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Aris, Power Bi, Tableau, etc.
- Exposure to ERP systems and tools like SAP, Oracle, Ariba, Coupa, LLamasoft, Anaplan, etc.
- Willing to work on Sunday to Thursday working week and support MENA timings (11AM - 8.30 PM), as preferred (supporting Middle East Clients)
Ideally, you'll also have
- Project management skills
- Customer handling, Report writing, Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience in usage of analytical tools/ representations
- Certification in ISO, Lean, Six sigma, TQM, KAIZEN will be an added/preferred advantage
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of business consultant professionals, in the integrated global business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY Business Consulting practices regionally/globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.