Assistant Manager at EY GDS
Views:260 Applications:21 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
EY - Manager - SALT Partnership (5-11 yrs)
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Perform a detailed review of any or some of the below:
- State and local tax returns, Partnership tax returns (Form 1065) for any of these: operating entities, Private Equity, Hedge, Funds of Funds, blocker corporations, Regulated Insurance Companies (Mutual Funds), Banks, Insurance or Private Foundation entities.
- Knowledge about recent tax developments and changes, including Schedules K-2/K-3 reporting requirements.
- Review book-to-tax adjustments and reclasses, taxable income calculations, and investor allocations.
- Compile and evaluate moderately complex data, computations, documentations and various tax and accounting technologies.
- Identify complex tax related issues and providing recommended solutions via research and/or position development.
- Manage client relationship by ensuring data quality, evaluate team performance, resolve issues and provide suggestions on implementation plans.
- Oversee tax processes by coordinating day-to-day interactions with the team, reviewing engagement work product, driving delivery of services to meet deadlines for client deliverables, developing internal team members, and managing the functional efforts of such tax processes.
- Provide effective leadership, feedback and coaching to team members
- Build effective long-term relationships and manage workflow effectively with our clients and understand their unique needs to provide tailored services.
Skills and attributes for success :
- Manage engagement deliverables and team resources to achieve timely and accurate delivery of tax compliance services while effectively managing engagement economics.
- Demonstrate deep technical excellence of Tax offerings and broaden technical skills across capabilities.
- Leadership (advising and providing direction) to others and maintaining internal network by providing such technical assistance to others within team and cross functional teams in area of expertise.
- Develop, document, and gain cross functional alignment on processes to support clients and internal teams.
- Mentor/coach team members to develop technical and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to support recruitment and periodic performance management activity.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in finance/accounting/commerce/statistics
- 6+ years of experience
Ideally, you'll also have:
- CPA/EA certification
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply the tax legislation
- Good written and verbal communication skills are needed, along with team handling and leadership skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
What we look for:
We're interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world's most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you'll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.