Assistant Manager at EY
Views:1181 Applications:159 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
EY - Manager - Direct Taxation - CA (5-6 yrs)
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for ambitious individuals to join our Tax Team as Manager in Direct Tax practice.
Your key responsibilities :
- Develop and Implement accounts strategy for DT offerings targeted at clients within identified industry segments and market segments
- Develop and sell new solutions (managed services, distinct technology solutions etc.) for the DT practice as part of the GTM initiative
- Enhance internal and external awareness of EY DT services (branding) and support development of proposals/presentations etc as required
- Build strong relationships across all Service Lines and with the BD team to help surface new client opportunities and drive sales
- Periodic monitoring and reporting of sales opportunities, pipeline and wins
- Identify opportunities for other services and support in cross-sell for Tax, CoSec & other services
- Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments including pricing, billing and recovery, maximizing fee opportunities with guidance from the Partner.
- Develop sound value-based solutions and apply technical knowledge in delivery of complex solutions to clients.
- Understand macro and strategic issues on client engagements and develop a deep understanding of industry, market and overall economic conditions.
- Develop specialized competence and begin to attract recognition within own service line as a technical resource for that specialization.
- Participate in own Service line teams or special projects across the firm.
- Creating / managing independent relationships with clients and building broad networks within the firm locally and internationally.
- Contribute to firm's profitability by generating additional work from existing clients and supporting in selling new client proposals.
- Expands opportunities with existing clients, identifies and acts on referrals in relation to the Service Line.
- Providing perspective to clients on trends and emerging practices in the local and global market in relation to client's operations.
- Is involved in developing new products, services and delivery methods linked to the area of specialization.
- Responsible for handling straightforward risk management issues and progressively taking on greater risk management responsibility while ensuring compliance to risk management strategies, plans and activities.
- Strong contribution to knowledge sharing efforts. Improving processes so that the team and firm capture and leverage knowledge.
- Proactively taking up a leadership role, working in cross service line engagements, mentor and coach team members and help in resolving people issues of the group.
- Hiring the right talent for team and mentor team size of 5-8 members.
Skills and attributes for success:-
- Strong analytical ability, logical and problem solving approach on complex issues.
- Strong marketing and business development skills.
- In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
- Aligning with sector knowledge and industry perspective
- Technical competence in Tax and also the industry / specialized field
- Strong leadership skills to create high performance climate; serve as a role model, mentor, coach
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
To qualify for the role you must have:-
- A qualified Chartered accountant
- 5-6 years of relevant post-qualification experience in - Corporate tax, Personal tax or International Tax
Ideally you'll also have:_
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical, verbal/written communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.