EY - Manager - Core Assurance (5-6 yrs)
About EY :
- EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over.
- We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
About EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) Assurance :
- EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) Assurance practice supports global EY client-serving teams with their reviews across industry sectors, including financial services, manufacturing and technology, among others. Through the right multidisciplinary team of professionals with the sector knowledge and subject matter expertise, EY GDS Assurance enables EY client teams in over 30 countries to help worlds leading companies meet their assurance requirements.
Position summary :
- As a GDS Assurance Manager, the individual should be a qualified accountant with excellent leadership skills.
- The incumbent gets an excellent opportunity to work virtually or directly with the engagement teams across Americas and Europe, and develop knowledge of international accounting and assurance principles.
Primary responsibilities :
- Support a portfolio of engagements, by leading a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Associates
- Ensure the team delivers timely and high-quality work, as per EY methodology and in line with the engagement teams expectations
- Demonstrate strong understanding of EY methodology in service delivery and supporting various quality projects, such as pre-issuance reviews, assurance quality reviews, efficiency projects and others
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key engagement team counterparts, such as Assurance executives based in Americas or Europe
- Develop an understanding of EY Risk Management procedures, and ensure that these are embedded into the engagement teams work
- Work closely with the engagement team to transition new engagements and services to GDS Assurance while maintaining the highest levels of quality of service
- Proactively discuss work flow management with the engagement teams, allocating resources to the assigned work and monitoring performance against standards. Monitor utilization for ones team, budget to actuals, and other operational matters
- Demonstrate professionalism, competence and clarity of communication when dealing with GDS and engagement teams
- Establish expectations regarding value to be delivered to the respective aligned GDS or engagement teams
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope of work for GDS Assurance
- Standardize assurance processes along with leveraging best practices across ones aligned engagements or beyond
- Help team members grow by encouraging them to actively contribute to the team
- Lead by example, delegate work successfully and develop and maintain high performing teams
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and training.
- Use technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the teams skills
- Actively participate in organizational initiatives, such as recruitment, diversity and inclusiveness, trainings, and others.
Qualifications, skills and experience :
- Expert knowledge of Indian accounting and assurance standards or knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of UKGAAP or US GAAP and International assurance standards is an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Project management, leadership, coaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- Ability to spread positive work culture and teaming and live EY values
- Ability to quickly form strong working relationship with colleagues within Indian and global teams
- Qualified chartered accountant (ICAI, CPA or ACCA)
- Internship with other top or mid-tier accounting firm
- 5 to 6 years of post-qualification experience with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm, focused on external or statutory assurance matters for an MNC or a large Indian company, preferably within a shared services environment
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.