HR Associate at Ernst and Young Services Pvt. Ltd
Views:251 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
EY - Information Technology General Controls Role (3-7 yrs)
ITGC (Client-Facing Role).
- As a team member, the individual should hold any of the one professional degrees - CISA/ CA/CPA/ACCA with a good understanding of the business processes, IT, and their interrelationships; In-depth technical knowledge of IT systems and IT controls, including areas such as network security, logical access, systems maintenance, and change management controls at an infrastructure, application, and database levels.
Your key responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in identifying and evaluating business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Conduct reviews and walkthroughs of IT infrastructure, applications, and programs
- Perform IT risk assessments
- Create a Risk and Control Matrix (RACM)
- Prepare Process Documentation (Narratives & Flowcharts)
- Preparation of test scripts and test work papers
- Conduct a test of the Design and Operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Discuss the gaps & other issues, if any, with the application owner
- Document test results
- Report testing results to the application owners and management
Skills and attributes for success:
- Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
- Anticipate and identify engagement-related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Actively establish client (process owner/functional heads) and internal relationships.
- Assist and share knowledge with team members, Seniors, and Managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives and participate in performing procedures, especially focusing on complex, judgmental, and/or specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables.
- Assess internal controls and SOX framework to mitigate risk and apply it to client situations.
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility engage team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A CA or master's degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-7 years of post-qualification experience with either a mid or top-tier accounting firm/Big4 with experience in IT risk assessments, IT audit (ITGC & ITAC), and system security reviews.
- Experience in performing and interpreting gap analysis and developing risk remediation strategies.
- In-depth technical knowledge of IT systems and IT controls.
- Must have good communication skills, presentation skills, and soft skills.
- Knowledge of, various utility packages is preferred (MS Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS Word).
- We would expect you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work more than standard hours when necessary.
- A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Strong communication skills.
What we look for
We're looking for passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.