Lead at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:411 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
EY GDS - Manager - Global Compliance (10-11 yrs)
Manager - Global Compliance
Risk Management Services is an internal function within EY GDS, responsible for protecting the organization from the risks that may rise from its professional practice. We work closely with service lines and risk management teams to identify and manage risks providing specialized advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, compliance, regulatory, policy, security issues as well as dealing with claims and any queries regarding ethics. Our team has witnessed steady growth over the years with presence across India, Poland, and Philippines.
- Global Compliance team has been established to work with the business to assist in the design and implementation of a compliance monitoring framework across for various financial crime areas such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Insider Trading and Anti-Bribery & Corruption. Global Compliance has within its scope the monitoring and reporting on compliance activities and works with Global, Area, regional and country risk management teams across the globe.
- We're looking for Manager with at least 10 years of experience in compliance processes including monitoring. This is a great opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in contributing to strengthening of compliance framework of the firm.
- The incumbent should have subject matter expertise on financial crime compliance area of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) client due diligence procedures including new client onboarding, screening, and ongoing client monitoring. The person shall be primary point of contact for global, area, regional and country risk management teams.
- The person will be responsible for managing a sub-team of at least 20-25 people (including Analysts, Supervising Analysts and Assistant Manager) focusing on review and updation of AML client due diligence records at GDS RMS Center. S/he will be responsible for the team's productivity, quality of service, operational aspects of the process, reporting, performance management and development of the team members.
Your key responsibilities:
- Apply subject matter expertise in the execution of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) ongoing monitoring process
- Acts as a liaison between global, regional risk management and the team members
- Liaise with offshore staff and management to create a one team approach
- Assist with reviewing and maintenance of the Periodic Review procedures, assess, and highlight engagement risk
- Provide weekly updates on Management Information, Staff Performance and Quality Control to
- Senior Management and Key Stakeholders
- Capacity Plan and review the pipeline raising ideas and suggest efficiencies
End to end management of the compliance monitoring process including but not limited to:
- Analyze the requirements and responses from country/regional risk management teams on monitoring results and apply process judgement to identify potential non-compliance in a timely manner
- Manage process documentation and trackers to ensure accuracy and completeness
- For operational aspects of the process and people management, the person is responsible for below which would include but not be limited to:
- Experience in managing Financial Crime Regulatory Compliance at a similar level in a sophisticated business environment
- Strong AML knowledge and technical experience with a solid understanding of Regulations and definitions
- Strong communication skills, capable of dealing with a wide range of employees from analysts to partners
- Ability to take risk-based decisions and provide substantiated arguments
- Effective planning and organization skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks, and projects
- Manage efficiency and productivity of team members
- Responsible for quality of output through internal review mechanisms and ensure quality measurement & reporting
- Coach team members and provide timely feedback
- Identify and recommend required learning and development training programs
- Drive team building activities
Skills and attributes for success:
- Experienced professional whose knowledge has been expanded through exposure to diverse and/or complex situations and who can work independently
- Exceptional and proven customer service skills, including responsiveness and commitment to quality
- Ability to listen to, and accurately capture others' expectations and concerns; should be clear and concise when responding to questions
- Innovative mindset and adaptive to changing technologies
- Proficient in MS excel, word and PowerPoint
- To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelors or master's degree, preferably business management workstream Strong AML knowledge and technical experience with a solid understanding of Regulations and definitions
- At least 10 years of experience in with 7 years at least in AML due diligence procedures in global firm
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams (with 20-25 team members). Teaming attitude and excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against project plans and expectations
- Succinct and structured verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to explain in a crisp, clear, and concise manner. Demonstrated ability to interact with leadership and stakeholders.
- Experience with applications or programs like MS Forms, Power BI and SharePoint lists would be preferred
- Project management skills
- Executive presence
Ideally, you'll also have :
- Credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
What you can look for :
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- A team which has its foundation in the core values of trust, respect and teaming. The team which focuses on supporting its colleagues to excel in their respective domains and provides avenues to help acquire and demonstrate new skills.
- Opportunities to work with Global Executive risk management teams on strengthening compliance framework
What working at EY offers :
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across five countries - Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, and Poland - and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy.
From accountants to coders to consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We'll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.