TA at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:537 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
EY GDS - Manager - Commercial Lawyer (10-15 yrs)
EY GDS Commercial Lawyer
The EY GDS Legal Team is part of the Global General Counsels Office (GCO) team and is responsible for all legal support of the GDS business.
As the EY GDS commercial lawyer you will be responsible for the implementation of GDS contract templates, best practices, governance structures across the GDS centers in Poland, India, China, Argentina and the Philippines. You will be working closely with the other members of the GDS Legal Team, as well as business stakeholders in all GDS locations . As part of our GCR team, you will be part of our team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will help diverse clients address their tax compliance obligations, analyse the tax effect of complex business decisions and pursue performance objectives.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various contracts, in particular:
- Sponsorship contracts; Meeting and events contracts; Services contracts; IT contracts:
- Software License contracts;Hosted software/hosted services agreements; IT Services agreements and SLAs; Software support agreements; Real Estate contracts;Finance contracts.
- You will be required to implement and monitor a knowhow data base of jurisdiction appropriate templates.
- Providing business and legal advice and guidance to internal clients and end users regarding potential issues stemming from new and existing contracts.
- Working with internal clients to develop strategies to address issues identified.
- Understanding practice and client business goals and how they impact the types of products and services procured.
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, data privacy, information security) in respect to contract review as appropriate.
- Ensuring that accurate and sufficient contractual documentation is developed to effectively document procurement transactions and to protect EYs interests.
- Understanding the EY policies that are relevant to procurement transactions and how contract drafting, negotiation and execution are impacted by those policies (Independence, Procurement, Data Privacy, etc.).
- Ensuring that all contractual documents developed are compliant with EY policies.
- Managing teams workflow and propose process improvements.
- Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in EY policies, organizational structure, and procedures
Skills and attributes
- Be able to manage client expectations in a high-pressure, changing environment while maintaining a calm, professional working style
- Possess excellent leadership skills including the ability to inspire and motivate others by recognizing outstanding performers
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, including creativity and innovative thinking
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, strong interpersonal and presentation skills interacting with senior stakeholders
- Be able to summarize complex, technical concepts into communications that can be understood by the team and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate flexible teaming skills (both face to face and in a virtual setting), e.g., be able to translate guidelines from leadership into well-structured, practical and clear instructions for others
- Excellent negotiations skills - It would also be preferable if the candidates had at least some experience negotiating with the vendors (IBM, MSFT, SAP, etc);
- Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts accordingly;
- Solutions oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
- Strong service-oriented personality, proficient at delivering the highest quality of work within deadlines;
To qualify for the role you must have :
- Bachelor of law
- 10-12 years of related experience (at least last 2 years in a people management role)
- Hands on experience in IT contracts.
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both verbal and written) skills in English
What we look for
A Lawyer/law professional who possess eye for detail , has unquestionably high standards of ethics, integrity, and values . An innovative bent of mind to improve processes and work products, and have the ability to learn/adapt quickly when required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.