EY GDS - Leader - Source To Pay Operations - Procurement Enablement Service Portfolio (15-18 yrs)
EY's Procurement includes more than 400 people working across 31 countries. We are relentless trendsetters, employing the latest in innovation and technology to better service the business. In a world of disruption, we embrace transformation and work to find best-in-class services and suppliers to help us stay ahead of the curve. We are responsible for sourcing across four categories of spend:
- Real Estate (including Workplace Services and Real Estate Technology and Innovation)
- Technology Sourcing & External Content
- Travel, Meetings & Events (including Brand, Marketing and Communications)
Supporting the Chief Procurement Officer and across Procurement, Procurement Enablement provides operational strategic support as well as driving our inclusive and sustainable procurement strategy and people engagement within Procurement.
The Source to Pay (S2P) team is a key part of Procurement Enablement's service portfolio and strategy. The S2P team purpose is to enable CBS functions, Service Lines, Accounts Payable and Procurement deliver a standardized and leverageable end-to-end support model for all S2P activities from inception, through deployment and into BAU operational management. The S2P team is split into S2P Transformation (leading the S2P deployments) and S2P Operations.
- The S2P Operations Leader is responsible for leading the Source-to-Pay Operations team which supports the day to day operations of EY's S2P solutions which include Mercury (SAP) SRM and other Interim Procurement Tools (IPTs). The main components of the S2P Operations team are:
- Buyer team which reviews and approves purchasing requests (shopping carts), resolves invoice exceptions for Purchase Orders (POs) in close co-operation with Accounts Payable Team and End Users, provides operational reporting related to KPIs and supports the Sourcing Managers in ramp up of PO coverage.
- Catalog strategy and enablement for Mercury and IPTs
- Ariba Network enablement as part of the Mercury deployments
- The Operations leader, in collaboration with the S2P Transformation team, is responsible for strategy formulation, organization design, and prioritization of all related initiatives and decisions regarding people, process, and technology for effective operations of the team.
- The position provides stewardship, in collaboration with other key stakeholders, to assure that quality, operating, financial, and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved.
- The S2P operations leader builds relationships with key stakeholders to drive adoption of the S2P solutions and processes, drive better buying decisions and increase spend under management. The Operations Leader acts as point of escalation for key stakeholders in matters involving the S2P operations.
- The Operations leader is also responsible for optimising the team and driving efficiencies and transformation through innovation, automation and simplification in the S2P processes to maximize benefits for Procurement, Business and Finance.
Some of the KPI's that this leader will manage are:
- Shopping carts - 90% of all shopping carts approved within 24 hrs
- Invoice exceptions - 90% of invoice exceptions are resolved and returned to finance within 2 business days
- PO Coverage - 100% of invoiced spend (classified as addressable) is covered by PO
- Oversight for planning and organisation of workload and work schedule ensuring back-ups are in place and no break in operations support
- Recruitment, performance management, coaching and personal development of team members
- Accountable for team KPI's and work on corrective measures whenever the case requires
- Manage escalations that may be raised
- Administrate, manage and document processes and operating procedures
- Identify automation opportunities and work with the automation team to implement the same
- Oversight for training and on-boarding of new team members and system users
- Ensures EY procedures/ policies are followed in all daily activities and that processes are executed as per design
- Maintenance of the Mercury Procurement Support Site
- Manages key stakeholders and senior management relationships pro-actively, collect feedback and actively look for areas for improvement
- Develops a high performing a team and responsible for the success of the S2P Operations team
Core Competencies and Required Education/ Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Proven Operations management experience preferably in the S2P space
- Excellent knowledge of the S2P Process
- In depth knowledge of SAP SRM and SAP Guided Buying preferred
- Prior team management skills with the ability to develop teams and cultivate talent
- Strong influencing and relationship management skills
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good interpersonal skills - able to handle conflict situations and resolve issues satisfactorily
- Lean Process Management Thinking - provide suggestions to improve service delivery and process efficiency
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and deliver multiple deliverables at once
- Ability to question how things are done or voice a differing opinion
- Results oriented with a focus on efficiency
- Positive, can-do attitude and good business acumen
- Culturally sensitive, capable of handling interactions with a - global mind set-
- 15+ years of working experience