TA at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:507 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
EY GDS - Insurance Manager - Assurance FAAS - FSO (5-10 yrs)
EY GDS Assurance FAAS FSO Insurance Manager
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In a world that's changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our 'North Star' guiding our more than 300,000 people - providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, clients, and communities. Thanks to our innovative services in auditing, tax consulting as well as transaction and management consulting, we proudly drive our clients into the future.
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information, and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be. As the only one of the Big 4 with a specialist cross-border practice dedicated to the Financial Services Sector, we offer our clients seamless, consistent, and high-quality services around the globe. With our Assurance Services, we strengthen public confidence in global capital markets and promote sustainable growth. If you're looking to develop your individual skills whilst working in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams, come join us!
EY GDS Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting process as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge. We help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. We partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition, we create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes.
We are currently looking for a Manager to join our Financial Services team. As part of our EY GDS Assurance Team, the Manager will be responsible for working closely with FAAS leadership, Partners, Senior Managers, Assistant Managers, Seniors and Staff on client engagements across Americas, EMEIA or APAC. We're looking for incumbents who should have extensive experience in Financial Accounting and Advisory Services. The incumbent is also expected to display strong technical knowledge in IFRS and US GAAP. While the Manager will be based either in our Gurgaon, Bangalore or Mumbai office, the individual will be required to travel to other countries (on a short to medium-term basis) to handle client engagements.
The position is specifically for Investment accounting and reporting. At the heart of the team will be industry experts with deep process, control and accounting knowledge. The incumbent will work for top global clients across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including insurance and banking sector thus experience of working with clients in either the financial services or more specifically Insurance industries is preferred.
Your key responsibilities:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Excellence
- Prepare and support accounting policy development to ensure it is consistent with Group Accounting Policy pertaining to IFRS 9 or equivalent US GAAP
- Propose solutions to implementation & business issues arising from Investment accounting and reporting
- Technical experience, including understanding of accounting principles and reporting and regulatory experience, including IFRS 9, Solvency II, SOX, Insurance processes, Training people etc.
- Expert knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP and Indian accounting standards
Extensive hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Securities and derivatives accounting
- Drafting and designing accounting policies
- Technical accounting research and advisory
- Consolidation and compilation support
- Financial statement close process support
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff as well as monitoring staff availability, chargeability and supporting the development of less utilised staff
- Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review work performed
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example
- Understand the financial services industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments
- Establish and maintain relationship with client management
- Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams
- Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network
- Actively support the Americas, EMEIA or APAC FAAS leadership both in terms of growth as well as quality initiatives
- Enhance relationships with global teams and leverage connections to identify opportunities for work at the GDS
- You are experienced in business development and motivated to excel in selling Advisory and Extended Assurance projects
- You pro-actively share your knowledge and experience - contributing to continuously coaching and developing our teams
- Contributing to the growth of the practice via the sharing of knowledge and experience as well as demonstrating great depth of specialism by contributing to EY Point of views, development of solutions, engagement tools and enablers
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Providing quality assurance and monitoring risks, managing assignment teams and third parties, liaising with service line teams, functional specialists, and Area Partners
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Chartered Accountant (CA), CPA (US) or ACCA (UK)
- 6-10 years of post-qualification experience in assurance or finance controllership roles, including 2+ years of Financial Accounting and Advisory experience
- Candidates with prior Big 10 experience would be an added advantage
- Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards
- Experiences with IFRS 9, IAS 32, IAS 39 or equivalent US GAAP including valuation of financial instruments, hedge accounting strategies, and associated processes/controls are mandatory
- Experiences working with clients in the financial services industry (e.g., insurance, broker/dealers, banks, credit unions) is mandatory
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Proactive, flexible, and team-oriented from concept and design through to implementation of projects. You have an intellectual curiosity, and you are willing to go "the extra mile"
- Able to leverage your relevant external network and build your internal networks in a fast-paced and international environment investing in sustainable relationships
- Financial Control - including internal and external statutory reporting
- Financial modelling, budgeting, business planning, forecasting and analysis
- Finance operating model design and implementation
- Investment accounting system implementation
- Front to back process, control, and governance
- Balance sheet management and financial resource optimisation
- Finance Cost Reduction and Process Improvement
- Finance systems architecture and strategy delivery
- General Ledger, consolidation and EPM projects
- Regulatory, statutory and management reporting projects including Solvency II
- Stick to your plans and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education.
- International multi-cultural team of highly motivated professionals
- Constant personal development with a steep learning curve - a system of trainings, mentoring, counselling, and on-the-job learning
- Modern working environment and equipment, fostering mobile working flexibility
- Transparent performance-based recognition and progression system
- Acquire a fully accredited corporate MBA (EY Tech MBA) from Hult International Business School, whilst working with EY, completely free-
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you
- Being bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging
- Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience, and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 7200 + professionals, in the only integrated global assurance business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY GDS Assurance practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries exception of EY contractors, interns, and alumni
What we offer:
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients, and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical coverage, a defined contribution plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY GDS Way of Work and your health and safety
EY GDS is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
EY GDS Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate, and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations.
Your ambition is as bold as ours? As part of our high-performing teams, you'll build the skillsets and growth mindsets to become the leader you want to be. The leader the world needs. Harness our scale, our tech, our teams, and our culture to realize your potential. Learn from the best, surround yourself with the curious, ask better questions to seek better answers. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.