TA at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:1463 Applications:326 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
EY GDS - Associate Director - M&A & Corporate Strategy - Corporate Development Office (13-15 yrs)
Corporate Development Office is a function responsible to advance EY GDS's role as a strategic and value-focused delivery organization for EY, including driving strategic acquisitions/transactions, key vendor alliances and overall location strategy for the organization.
As a member of the Corporate Development Office, you will play a pivotal role in driving acquisitions and strategic transactions for GDS. The role will focus on delivering value to the business through identification of strategic transaction opportunities, driving due diligence, developing and executing integration strategies and management of post-close integration of the acquired businesses. The role will work closely with multiple GDS and global EY teams in fulfilling the strategic objectives.
Your key responsibilities -
- Support development of acquisition strategy for GDS
- Identify potential targets and create profiles for review with business leaders
- Conduct initial research to validate the opportunity. Identify differentiators with respect to the broader competitive landscape
- Guide /support the GDS Service Lines through the evaluation process
- Prepare the preliminary diligence requests and conduct due diligence across all the functions along with GDS and global stakeholders to identify any red flags/ issues
- Develop / support development of business cases and valuation model as required
- Finalize GDS transaction structure and commercial terms. Provide guidance and support to legal teams in finalizing legal documentation as needed
- Ensure completion of Talent processes, technology readiness and drive / monitor conclusion of all legal, regulatory and other matters pertaining to the transaction
- Plan for all operations measures for an efficient Day One and finalize detailed integration planning
- Integrate the target's staff into EY GDS organizational structure and infrastructure and create a seamless EY GDS integration experience for target's leadership and employees
- Monitor the post close activities and ensure required change management plans are executed
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships across many different functions, organization levels and cultures
- Good analytical and decision-making ability along with critical thinking skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver work products of the highest quality
- Ability to proactively assess and overcome risks and issues to ensure timely delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Prior experience in developing and managing location strategy in a large organization
- Working knowledge of methodology and parameters to evaluate locations transaction structuring including legal and tax perspectives
- Proven track record of managing strategic initiatives and large-scale implementation programs
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and inter-personal skills
- Strong facilitation skills with senior stakeholders in driving decisions and consensus
Ideally, you'll also have
- Minimum 13-15 years of work experience overall with a minimum of 3-5 years in acquisitions and other strategic transactions
What we look for
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to understand strategic challenges and position solutions to address
- Ability to work closely with leadership in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment managing several tasks simultaneously, while paying attention to detail and quality
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships at all organizational levels with internal and external stakeholders
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. Well introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: Well provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: Well give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.