EY GDS - Associate Director - ITTS - Operational Transaction Services (15-18 yrs)
Operational Transaction Services (OTS) services clients with a full range of hands-on, operationally focused support and advice across the transaction life cycle, across buyers and sellers. We cover a wide range of operational aspects, including divestiture advisory services, carve-out readiness and support, operational due diligence, synergy assessment and delivery, day-one readiness assessment, 100day planning, integration process support, carve-out/stand-alone costs assessment and risks, and cost reduction.
Our professionals work on transactions and business development across the globe.
The main objective is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, informing them of our scope of services and communicating how these services benefit their organizations.
- Work on client engagement teams executing Operational Transaction Services which support key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for transactions.
- Assess the client's state of readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying high-risk areas, unidentified issues and areas for overall improvement.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in project execution, including synergy assessment, problem-solving, and facilitation.
- Assist with the execution of the integration/divestiture plan while working to constantly identify areas for improvement, including resolving integration/divestiture issues.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor team members at the junior level.
- Demonstrate strong transaction knowledge in a particular industry (e.g., manufacturing, life sciences, consumer product goods, industrial products, technology, retail, etc.) with a good understanding of IT functional areas
- Assist in business development activities including preparing presentations for pursuit meetings with clients to help sell advisory services.
- Manage teams- delivery in global transaction focused engagements by strengthening the IT function capability across key skills. Ability to understand IT capability of individuals and aligning them with right kind of engagements, managing feedback & functional skills enhancements.
- Ability to manage large multi-location teams.
- Participate in large engagements with scope for Senior Manager roles, to showcase top quality skills of the team.
- Support of the team's sales and market development agenda.
- Develop and maintain monthly actual/forecast variance report, with the cause of change.
- Identify leading practices that can be implemented with clients. Automate existing processes.
- Develop holistic business insights from consumer sales and internal data sources.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field and master- s/postgraduate qualification in finance with at least 15+ years of related work experience;
- Desirable to have IT transaction experience (mergers, acquisitions or divestiture)
- Expertise and understanding of a broader set of IT function from a Transaction standpoint :
a) IT strategy
b) Enterprise architecture
c) IT security
d) IT shared services
e) IT organization transformation
f) ERP implementation
g) IT service management and TSA development
h) T finance management
i) IT infrastructure management
j) IT outsourcing / off-shoring
k) IT contract management
l) IT Diligence
m) IT synergy identification
n) Data separation and transition
Understanding of M&A life cycle, carve-out / integration of a business post-announcement of a transaction, cross-border M&A
- Strong operations mindset and ability to determine risks and opportunity areas
- Skill to synthesize approaches to complex carve-out and integration conflicts
- Talent to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well versed with MS Excel and PowerPoint