EY - FAAS Senior/AM - Commodities Markets - Trading & Risk Management Advisory (1-5 yrs)
FAAS Senior/AM - Commodities Markets - Trading & Risk Management Advisory
EY GDS :
- EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The Global Delivery Services (GDS),
- EYs dedicated global service delivery vehicle, operates through a network of global and regional hubs focused on delivering Service Line, Knowledge and Account Management support to our clients around the world. The GDS promotes EYs commitment to a service delivery model that accesses diverse talent pools across the globe.
- GDS Assurance is looking for a prospective candidate suitable for the role of a senior, for our
- Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS) team.
- Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provides advisory services including Accounting and regulatory support for accounting change and special matters; accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting); GAAP Conversion and implementation; IPO and other public offering assistance and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation).
- The Senior should be competent to manage a portfolio of clients and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of the work as per EY Global Standards for our FAAS team. The role requires technical knowledge of IFRS/US/UK GAAP along with well-developed communication skills. While the Senior will be based out of our Gurgaon or Bangalore center, the individual will be required to travel to other Countries (short term) for executing the client engagements.
Key responsibilities :
- Manage quality of service delivery
- Execute the following FAAS solutions using Global service delivery framework:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Excellence
- Accounting Processes
- Regulation, Governance and Financing
- Audit remediation and readiness
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing Supervisors of engagement status
- Follow through on client requests in a timely fashion, and manage expectations regarding the timing of deliverables and reports
- Identify engagement and client service issues. Research and benchmark client data to industry data.
- Explain the client's critical success factors to the engagement team.
- Benchmark client data to industry data in order to make possible recommendations for improvements
- Apply independent and objective professional judgment in applying accounting standards to meet engagement expectations, including regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of accounting concepts; stay informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g., guidelines of the EY FAAS Policy Manual); and effectively apply this knowledge to moderately difficult and/or complex client situations
- Receive direction from the Manager, Senior Manager and Partner
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or CPA (US) or ACCA (UK).
- 1-5 years (post qualification) in auditing including at least one year of experience in Financial Accounting and Advisory
- Good understanding of IFRS/US/UK GAAP and international auditing standards
- Good understanding of Indian accounting and auditing standards
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Working experience in relation to the following services/solutions (at least three):
- GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Drafting and designing accounting policies
- Technical accounting research and advice
- Consolidation and Compilation support
- Financial statement close process support
- Transaction accounting and reporting IPOs, Carve Outs, PPA etc.
- Audit remediation and readiness
- Benchmarking services and market analysis
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.