Lead - Recruitment at EY
Views:3253 Applications:315 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
EY - Data Scientist (4-8 yrs)
Job Summary :
EY's global research and knowledge function, EY Knowledge, has embarked on an ambitious - Future of Knowledge- program to radically transform both the development and the delivery of the platforms, products and services that bring the best of EY's thinking to every client and EY team. The Research & Analysis (R&A) Transformation pillar is accountable for elevating the commercial and business impact of EY's research, analysis and insights through world-class innovation and execution.
The new Advanced Insights team is a key element of that transformation, forming a small research group to identify and carry-out market leading research in areas of critical importance to our clients. The team will develop new big data products and services and, in partnership with business stakeholders and relevant Marketing/Business Development/Knowledge colleagues, create and publish insights differentiated through proprietary data and the power of advanced analytics.
Working closely with the Advanced Insights Lead, the Junior Data Scientist will be a critical partner in the execution of all research projects. These contributions will include the identification, collection, structuring and analysis of data, providing technical guidance in support of publications, and working with internal teams to help them leverage our analyses and content. This research and development role has both basic and applied research components - from original insight generation to the development of new products and services.
Essential functions of the job :
- Develop new data products. Utilize data science and computer science techniques to build new data-backed products that deliver proprietary insights to the business on topics most important to our clients. This will include :
a. Rapidly test areas of interest. Help select the next big research project by utilizing lightweight analyses to stand up - what if- demonstrations of what could be.
b. Collaborate on product development. Work closely with the Advanced Insights lead and in collaboration with other team members to design, execute & implement new data-backed products
c. Co-develop research plan. Working closely with the team and other colleagues/stakeholders, provide creative input & technical guidance to help shape the data requirements and output of potential products.
d. Collect data. Identify all possible data sources (internal, external, purchasable) and program or leverage existing tools to acquire the data (e.g. scrapers, APIs). Develop required tests to ensure quality.
e. Clean data. Work with other team members to clean data, as required.
f. Perform analyses. Preliminary, sense and quality checking analyses may be undertaken in business intelligence platforms like Power BI, Tableau, etc. Thereafter, all statistical analyses will be programmed in Python. Most research projects will utilize machine learning.
- Publish data internally. Help develop and deliver self-serve dashboards of top-line data insights for teams across EY to contextualize for clients and/or share externally.
- Support external publications. Support the creation of external publications either on EY.com or through select third party channels (e.g. Harvard Business Review, Stanford's Insights) by providing data visualizations, interpretation of analyses, and technical guidance.
- Serve and support internal teams. Work directly with EY colleagues interested in utilizing our research and analyses to create specific data cuts, adapt analyses or provide technical guidance. In select cases, will work with colleagues to help embed or hand-over analyses or methodologies we have developed.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and colleagues. As part of the Advanced Insights team, engage with experts in the area we are studying - sector leaders, business management leaders, statisticians, marketing partners, etc. - to iterate assumptions, analyses, and approaches to ensure correctness and market impact.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
- Ability to program in Python (100+ hours, in or outside of classroom settings required).
- 500+ total hours of coding experience outside of classroom settings required, regardless of programming language used (e.g. Java, C, C#, PHP, MATLAB)
- Demonstrable understanding of statistical theories and applications required.
- Ability to execute advanced statistical methodologies required (e.g. supervised vs. unsupervised learning).
- Ability to perform data exploration exercises and develop data-driven story dashboards on modern BI platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau) nice to have, not required.
Teaming Responsibilities :
- No direct management of colleagues, but will work with a multidisciplinary team virtually across geographies.
- Must work with, motivate and help cultivate a high-performance teaming environment.
Other Requirements :
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal required.
- Will require occasional travel, both domestic and international.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in STEM areas required.
- If Bachelor's degree only, 4+ years of full-time professional experience required.
- If Master's or postgraduate degrees, 1+ years of full-time professional experience required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.