Assistant Manager at EY India
Views:1788 Applications:313 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
EY - Consultant/Senior Consultant - M&A Tax/Transaction Tax (1-6 yrs)
The opportunity :
EY is looking for Consultant/ Senior Consultant in the Transaction Tax team who will advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions. They assist clients with structuring transaction tax efficiently and undertake tax due-diligence reviews of potential targets. They also advise companies and promoters on restructuring their corporate structure, in order to achieve tax and regulatory efficiencies as well as achieve business objectives including succession planning. Transaction tax professionals look after clients of all sizes across all industries, working closely with colleagues in different service lines around the world.
- Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
- To the extent you have client contact, build productive working relationships with your clients
- Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn
- Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources
- Provide timely and high quality services and work products
- Mentoring and coaching interns and consultants
Operational Excellence / Day to day responsibilities:
- Research and analysis of transaction tax related laws (such as domestic and international tax, corporate laws, SEBI, FEMA, Competition Act, stamp duty laws etc.) on inbound and outbound deals, corporate reorganizations, securities market aspects, etc.
- Research on tax theory and positions, and apply them to specific client needs
- Prepare deliverables capturing implications arrived on the basis of above research, in word, PowerPoint, excel or email form as required
- Perform direct tax diligence (this involves scrutinizing past tax issues, record, compliance, etc. of the target) and capture the facts and analysis in a diligence report
- Use and apply the right tax practice processes and tools to be as efficient as possible in your work
- Be updated on latest developments and share articles on industry trends
- Maintain and keep upto date records of internal documents / working papers
- Preparing training presentation on recent regulatory developments.
- Support knowledge sharing efforts and improve processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge
- Network internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients
- Ensure compliance with risk management strategies, plans and activities.
- MIS: Follow up on billing, collection, etc.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously & Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and responsible and ability to handle pressure
- Willingness to travel locally and outside city for work
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A qualified Chartered accountant
- 1 - 5 years of post-qualification experience in M&A taxation matters and working knowledge of SEBI, FEMA and stamp duty laws
- Minimum 1 year of post-qualification experience in transaction tax related laws