HR Associate at EY
Views:533 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
EY - Consultant/Senior Consultant - Direct Taxation - CA (0-8 yrs)
Consultant/Senior Consultant - Direct Tax
- The business and tax landscapes have changed dramatically, and the pace and complexity of change continues to increase. We help you navigate this shifting landscape.
- Governments are tempering the need for enhancing the tax base coupled with expanding tax landscape as a result of competition and investment opportunities in India.
- Tax authorities are adapting their enforcement strategies, focus and policies in response to the changing dynamics of business.
- Companies are balancing competing priorities, ensuring they maintain compliance while adding value and help to effectively manage tax obligations by uncovering tax risks and opportunities.
The opportunity :
EY is looking for Consultant in the Direct Tax team with the main objective to help the core Tax teams deliver quality deliverables / solutions using general tax knowledge gained from training or education and assistance from more experienced tax professionals and contribute to the profitable growth by ensuring client engagements are executed in an efficient manner.
Your key responsibilities :
- Assist seniors in replying to queries raised by clients on corporate tax matters wherein issues may range from capital gains, tax payments, preparation of return of income, etc.
- Undertaking technical research on income-tax provisions impacting the taxation of clients;
- Preparing submissions in relation to assessment and appellate proceedings in the case of clients and support seniors in representation before the income-tax authorities;
- Appearing before the income-tax authorities on routine matters concerning the clients
- Support in handling administrative responsibilities for clients allocated to you such as engagement letters, internal QRM, filing of client papers, billing follow-up, etc.
- Client responsibilities: Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
- People responsibilities :
a. Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn.
b. Work constructively with team to evaluate and improve personal and team performance.
c. Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources.
d. Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
Operational responsibilities :
a. Participate in executing work within a group by assisting by delivering work effectively, and teaming with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
b. Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work programme and the firm's methodologies and guidance, and professional standards.
c. Use electronic working papers, efficiently including various software applications and sources of knowledge in an appropriate manner to conduct research.
d. Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
e. Analyze and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the product.
f. Where applicable thoroughly check documents and make available for tax inspections in an appropriate manner.
g. Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
Skills and attributes for success :
- Proficient in MS word, excel, power point.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Analytical/Numerical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and Self Starter
To qualify for the role you must have :
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 0- 8 years of experience in direct tax
Ideally you'll also have :
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Comfortable in travelling within the designated city limits / other locations for work related matters
What we look for :
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers :
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About EY :
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.