Lead - Recruitment at EY
Views:4044 Applications:402 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
EY - Associate Manager - Digital Innovation (7-10 yrs)
Associate Manager - Digital Innovation
- The Digital & Innovation Domain Analyst is responsible for managing a team for delivery of high impact analyses and insight for the domain which is technology-driven disruption topics and initiatives that are priorities for the firm including emerging technologies, strategic alliances with technology partners, digital transformation and cross-industry trends. The business priorities will be supported by deliverables from the Products & Services Catalog, including thought leadership and globally relevant points of view, analysis to inform strategic decisions and support for regions, market segments and priority accounts and pursuits. Some of these products or services, such as those for specific accounts or pursuits, may be delivered by prior agreement on a fee for service basis.
- This role requires the ability to combine analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspective driven by an understanding of both clients- experiences and broader marketplace drivers. A collaborative mindset is also crucial, as Analysts have a key role to play in supporting networks within their domain, sharing information across sectors, service lines, accounts and solutions, and using that information to further strengthen the quality of materials produced.
- The Analyst will frequently work closely with knowledge specialists in other domains (e.g. in another sector, service line or geography) to deliver on cross-sector / cross-service line topics and initiatives. A commitment to collaboration and network building is essential. This position also requires awareness and understanding of EY Knowledge's full suite of products and services to ensure internal customers and stakeholders have visibility of the broad array of EY Knowledge support available to them and support execution of the Integrated Knowledge plan.
- Analysts work closely with the Domain Knowledge Leader, senior Domain Analyst and Knowledge Managers to support the domain's leadership and other senior stakeholders, providing impactful research, analysis and insight to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace.
- This individual will be credible as a domain expert and will help to ensure the quality and delivery of outputs by knowledge team members located throughout the world to support the specific domain's initiatives. They will also proactively consider opportunities to engage with other domains around issues of common interest and participate in cross-domain initiatives.
- In addition, this role will include supervision of a team of analysts in multiple locations, and requires someone who enjoys people management and counseling others in their career.
- Finally, given the dynamic nature of technology and the market and the need to operate as we advise our clients to- this role requires someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, an agile mindset and sees ambiguity as an opportunity to influence where things go not cause for concern.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Manage a team based out of India location. This team leadership role will include setting the team's editorial direction, ensuring quality and timeliness of work, making personnel decisions, and overseeing administration of the team. The position reports to the Business Unit leader based in Gurgaon, and will require working closely with the US based Knowledge folks.
- Provide clear analytical insight and understanding of the specific domain, with responsibility for the execution of initiatives based on a sound analysis of the domain's dynamics and drivers.
- Support engagement with domain stakeholders and internal customers to provide a big-picture perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the domain, preparing impactful analysis on the implications of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Support development and co-creation of insights beyond publicly available information by interacting with Senior Analysts and Knowledge Managers, engagement teams and service line colleagues to extract, update, share and use appropriate content.
- Collaborates with Knowledge colleagues to proactively alert stakeholders and internal customers regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assess the impact of those changes on internal strategies and plans.
- Develop relationships within priority business teams and collaborates with domain customers and EY Knowledge colleagues to deliver research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients.
- Fully adopts common EY Knowledge methodologies and templates across all products to ensure deliverables adhere to quality standards and exemplify a digital-first approach to data visualization and product delivery.
- Provide research, analysis and insight support to major pursuits including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Proactive approach to identifying materials, credentials and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant within and across domains, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams and communities (eg accounts, solutions, sub-service lines).
- Identify cross-sector Point of View (POV) sharing opportunities and seek opportunities to collaborate with other domain teams on issues that cut across EY's business activities.
- Support the collection of data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of benchmarking data available to support solution development and the creation of proprietary insights for internal stakeholders and EY clients.
- Act as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain and positively influence change by: leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviors; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
- Strong focus on research & analysis competency with active participation in R&I competency development offerings related to research leading practices
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the domain to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and the root causes of trends.
- Capable at identifying issues and trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives and opportunities for EY.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide analytic insights
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable at coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Understands the firm's go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how knowledge analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Understands EY's strategy and knowledge priorities and ensures key knowledge research and insights activities are aligned to them
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Possesses deep understanding of the technology and business and the intersection thereof, strong analytical skills and the ability to develop a considered point of view
- Capable of putting individual projects/initiatives into a - big picture- context
- Credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Comfortable presenting to audiences and interfacing with stakeholders and internal customers at different levels of seniority
- Well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients- needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Willingness to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at working on a number of projects simultaneously
- Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills to create insights-driven storylines and deliverables in a clear, compelling manner with a professional demeanor
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Primary research and data visualization experience preferred
- Takes responsibility for management of team
- Work product responsibilities include managing the flow of work, making assignments, monitoring progress and ensuring quality of work.
- Administrative responsibilities will include managing utilization and regular reporting on team KPIs.
- People and personnel responsibilities will include management of evaluations, training, and mentoring and coaching of the team.
- May require occasional travel
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Master's degree or postgraduate qualification
Experience - 7 -8 years experience in business analysis, industry research, and, market intelligence development in the relevant domain